· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Its Here!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer   For the donation...thanks! - A340   Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12   Merry Christmas! - SkarloeysMom   Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Drumachine09   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Drumachine09   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Drumachine09   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Drumachine09   Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    I also ran across this one. It seems nice and small. Anyone have experience with it?

https://www.petsolutions.com/Hydor-K...400498+C1.aspx
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can pay the rent.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12   Hang in there man! - coachfraley   For taking on the 10g wavemaker! - coachfraley   

0 Not allowed!
    i use the koralia 1 it does the job
    10 Gallon - Assorted Items of Interest.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for being my new buddy! - 2manyfish   A fishy for all the reef tank help : ) - ♣Erik3.8.07♣   Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish   Thanks for all the reef help! - NickFish   No Message - squirt_12   

0 Not allowed!
    I have the nano Dru, and I think it is a great pump.

The ONLY problem with them is that they do not do well on timers. I don't know the mechanics of why they have this problem, but I have seen it referenced in other places. As long as you planning to run it full time, I would definately recommend it.

I ordered one of these for my 10g, but I haven't used it yet, so I can't vouch for it:

http://www.fragglereef.com/zen/index...oducts_id=2874
    Last edited by coachfraley; 01-08-2008 at 06:59 AM.
    40g SW

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumachine09
    I can't stop looking at my tank now. The new light just makes it sooooo much more appealing.

When I looked, I saw what looked like a little fleck of purple on a piece of LR next to a big shroom. Turns out, it split off from the main coral, and is growing by itself! I'm pretty stoked now.

Can anyone recommend me a good small powerhead?
    Drum,
    You can use any powerhead you like, but to overcome the linear flow, you can use this little item.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer   For the donation...thanks! - A340   Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12   Merry Christmas! - SkarloeysMom   Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Drumachine09   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Drumachine09   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Drumachine09   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Drumachine09   Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    Buying one of those is cheaper than actually getting a different powerhead. I might get one of those instead.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for being my new buddy! - 2manyfish   A fishy for all the reef tank help : ) - ♣Erik3.8.07♣   Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish   Thanks for all the reef help! - NickFish   No Message - squirt_12   

0 Not allowed!
    Hydorflos are cool products, just make sure you attach it to a pump with a high amount of flow. The hydorflo will decrease the pump's output significantly. The company claims it is around 15%, but it seems like a lot more.
    40g SW

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well, crap.

Before I left for school today, I turned on my new light, and left. I was in 1st hour, when the power went out at school. Apparantly, the entire West side of town was out of power, so we got to go home. My brother said our power blinked, and I get downstairs, to find just the 4 fans running, and the bulb not working......

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift is from me - Lady Hobbs   Welcome to the SW club - Drumachine09   Thanks for linking to AC - Lady Hobbs   Have a cold one, You've given a lot of good advice. - coachfraley   Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - unleashed   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - unleashed   

0 Not allowed!
    I would turn it off for a few hours and then try to turn it back on. Or just get a new bulb if that doesn't work