· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here ya go. - Tigerbarb   A little something for a friend!! - Patriot   Thanks for being there! - NickFish   have a gift - mitcore   :D - harls_aussie   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice looking corals! Sorry if I've missed this, but what is that black thing on the glass of your tank?
    Any ideas on why your zoas are curling their tentacles in? It could have something to do with temperature, or lack-of trace elements. Since there are no visible fish at the time, there might not be enough trace elements that corals feed off of floating in the tank.
    "Everybody knows, you only live a day, but it's brilliant anyway..."
    Elliott smith

20g nano reef
    55g FOWLR saltwater
    29g planted freshwater
    10g planted freshwater

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12   Hang in there man! - coachfraley   For taking on the 10g wavemaker! - coachfraley   

0 Not allowed!
    i think its because its too squishy on the small piece of rock they are on.

So i brought my water to my LFS to get tested and all seems to be well. My water was perfect in many areas except for Magnesium, which is odd cause I've only added Magnesium in my tank once and that was months ago.

He told me that my magnesium was high because I use Ocean Pro salt mix, which is known to have high trace elements.

I asked him about feeding and he told me that my fish probably died because I didnt feed them enough.

I fed my fish about 5 of those tiny brine shrimps 2 times a week. He told me he feeds all his clown fish 10 of those tiny brine shrimps A DAY (roughly).

I then bought 2 more fish, lets see how it goes. These ones are much bigger than the ones I used to have.

Oh yeah my coral are fine, that cladiella thing I posted a picture of a few days back turned out to be ok.

My fire shrimp on the other hand doesnt seem to be ok. Its shell is peeling at its side and its color isnt as red as it usually is. Perhaps it got in a fight with my other shrimps?

Oh yeah i picked this up after my old one mysteriously died.

One more thing. Heres an update on my SPS coral. I dont really talk about them cause they are dont do anything.

So it turns out they do live in PC lighting. I lost one of them sometime ago but the ones that are living aren't doing so bad. The one on the left is a rose tip something and it seems to be ok. It used to be entirely white though, on the right is a lemon lime acropora which looks fine. theres also another one thats not in the picture which is doing fine too. The only one that lost its color is the rose tip. There isnt any visible growth, but they are still alive and that must count for something.

You probably noticed all my hair algae. I tried and tried manually removing it but theres just too much. Tomorrow I get my sea hare, i hope it helps.
    Last edited by Fenix; 04-01-2008 at 04:26 AM.
    10 Gallon - Assorted Items of Interest.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for being my new buddy! - 2manyfish   A fishy for all the reef tank help : ) - ♣Erik3.8.07♣   Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish   Thanks for all the reef help! - NickFish   No Message - squirt_12   

0 Not allowed!
    Good looking clowns Fenix. They have quite a bit of color for fish straight from the FS. Most of the ones I see at stores are so light they are barely orange.

I hope this next pair works out for you!
    40g SW

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here ya go. - Tigerbarb   A little something for a friend!! - Patriot   Thanks for being there! - NickFish   have a gift - mitcore   :D - harls_aussie   

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear about your tank updates. Also, your corals, shrimp, and clowns all seem like wonderful tank additions.
    Do you think you could include a full-tank-view shot? I've been dieing to see a full-view of your tank ever since you got your clowns, shrimp, and new corals.

You've come a very, very far way from this>> http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5...wcanopymw2.jpg
    "Everybody knows, you only live a day, but it's brilliant anyway..."
    Elliott smith

20g nano reef
    55g FOWLR saltwater
    29g planted freshwater
    10g planted freshwater

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift is from me - Lady Hobbs   Welcome to the SW club - Drumachine09   Thanks for linking to AC - Lady Hobbs   Have a cold one, You've given a lot of good advice. - coachfraley   Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - unleashed   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - unleashed   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix
    I found the black one. I still dont know what it is, but its growing really big.
    http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3...0412dd4.th.jpg
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/4...0413fs3.th.jpg
    I have them in my tank aswell. The only exception is that mine are a sandy colour. they are very good algae eaters and breed very rapidly.

I think they are a species of Sea Hare/slug.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12   Hang in there man! - coachfraley   For taking on the 10g wavemaker! - coachfraley   

0 Not allowed!
    They seem to doing a good job, those sea hare type things. I also have like 4 snails that mysterious entered my tank.
    Thanks guys.

Just saw this bristle worm and thought I would share.

Guessing its around 5-6 inches.

Heres my fish.

My shrimp likes to take rides on them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbarb
    Glad to hear about your tank updates. Also, your corals, shrimp, and clowns all seem like wonderful tank additions.
    Do you think you could include a full-tank-view shot? I've been dieing to see a full-view of your tank ever since you got your clowns, shrimp, and new corals.

You've come a very, very far way from this>> http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5...wcanopymw2.jpg

Yeah its been awhile, but fun too. I have too much hair algae, when i get rid of it and when i finish the semester, i ll make a video just for you.

I cant even remember when I took that picture, wow that powerhead is so cool!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    OK so i got my sea hare.

Its really big. The size of a golfball. Well here it is.

When i first started my tank i found this creature that I didnt know what it was. I think it was actually a sea hare. This one, but a lot smaller. If i had kept it maybe i wouldnt of had any hair algae to begin with.

For some reason I know when i wake up 2morrow everything in my tank will be knocked around. This thing is just so big. I wish there was another way.

I found these getting intimate too and thought i would share it, cause after all it is the internet.

Oh yeah go PENS

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need a gift...keep up all of the good work....  :) - squirt_12   For keeping a cool head! - coachfraley   to the SW expert! - cocoa_pleco   a fish for your 90g. - squirt_12   for your awesome 90g! - squirt_12   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - spudbuds   

0 Not allowed!
    Sea hares are pretty cool. Congrats! When I first saw one at the LFS, I just thought it was a rock and then it started moving. Yours looks like it's got a slight blue color to it. Very cool looking creature.
    90G Reef Build Thread

90 Gallon Reef: Ocellaris Clowns, Midas Blenny, Ignitus Anthias, Various inverts
    20 Gallon SW Quarantine: Exquisite Wrasse
    10 Gallon SW Quarantine: Empty
    55 Gallon Community: Neon Tetras, Gold Neon Tetras, GloFish, Corydoras (paleatus & trilineatus), Otocinclus, Mollies, Platies, Apple Snails
    5 Gallon: Crowntail Betta, African Dwarf Frog