· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I use Wardley pellets and don't have any clouding issues with it.

My Corys also get Nori sheets, need to be sunk in some manner as well.

Another thing to add for the occasional treat is some earth worm, chipped into nice bite size pieces. A Bit messy for you, but they love it.
    Currently keeping the following species:
    Glyptoperichthys joselimaianus L001
    Baryancistrus sp. L018
    Hypancistrus sp. L066
    Panaque maccus L104
    Microglanis poecilus
    Serrasalmus nattereri
    Poecilia reticulata
    Yasuhikotakia morleti
    Corydoras aeneus
    Corydoras aeneus Albino
    Corydoras arcuatus
    Corydoras panda
    Corydoras trilineatus
    Corydoras paleatus
    Corydoras leucomelas

0 Not allowed!
    What size tank do you have? Do all your cories school together? Its a nice collection youve got there.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawd_oOo
    I use Wardley pellets and don't have any clouding issues with it.

My Corys also get Nori sheets, need to be sunk in some manner as well.

Another thing to add for the occasional treat is some earth worm, chipped into nice bite size pieces. A Bit messy for you, but they love it.
    Do you keep that piranha by itself? It'd eat everything else you listed.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Awards Showcase

For doing such good research!! - Rue hehe. - Tolley nascar prize - sailor Happy Birthday! - squirt_12 For rescuing feeders!  Way to go! - Rue 
    Thanks for the rep! - robnepper To the only guy to quote himself! - Mr.Prototype Thinking of Noah & your family xxx - Fishalicious For your 1 year at AC xxx - Fishalicious Not enough gifts - The Red Severum 
    you need more! - The Red Severum one more! - The Red Severum won the lottery with your donation, had to buy you a beer - mrs fishpatrick Time for another round! - northernguy A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey 
    Here's one on the house, Nick. - robnepper Merry Christmas - Northernguy Thanks!! - Wild Turkey your info has been great the last couple of days - The Red Severum I appreciate your generousity! - Brookfish 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - NickFish Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NickFish Childhood Cancer - NickFish Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - NickFish 

0 Not allowed!
    Ya the one thing that isn't mentioned on there is the worms.
    How much you feed is up to your corys. I am not a cory expert but you may need to feed more than recommended if you have big fat corys or less if you have small ones.
    I think shrimp pellets come in many differnet sizes.
    I have aquarian shrimp pellets and they are about this long |||||

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by YaYgoldFish
    What size tank do you have? Do all your cories school together? Its a nice collection youve got there.
    Umm, I have 75E, 55, 20T, 20L, and Fifteen 10g tanks.
    Each species is in its own tank. They range from 3-6 of each kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave66
    Do you keep that piranha by itself? It'd eat everything else you listed.

Dave
    For the most part. The Piranhas (6) and the South American Bumble Bee cats (3) are in a 75E. The Cats live in a rock pile, they do a real good job of grabbing any chunks of goldfish that hit the bottom and retreating back to their caves. (they get other food too)

I did have a school of corys in with the piranhas for 10 months, they didn't bother the corys at all. I only took them out because I was trying to spawn the corys, but from what I can tell I have all females of the species that was in with them... I won't be putting them back in, just thought I'd mention that from my experience not all fish are food to them.
    Last edited by Gawd_oOo; 12-30-2007 at 05:29 PM.
    Baryancistrus sp. L018
    Hypancistrus sp. L066
    Panaque maccus L104
    Microglanis poecilus
    Serrasalmus nattereri
    Poecilia reticulata
    Yasuhikotakia morleti
    Corydoras aeneus
    Corydoras aeneus Albino
    Corydoras arcuatus
    Corydoras panda
    Corydoras trilineatus
    Corydoras paleatus
    Corydoras leucomelas

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawd_oOo
    Umm, I have 75E, 55, 20T, 20L, and Fifteen 10g tanks.
    Each species is in its own tank. They range from 3-6 of each kind.

For the most part. The Piranhas (6) and the South American Bumble Bee cats (3) are in a 75E. The Cats live in a rock pile, they do a real good job of grabbing any chunks of goldfish that hit the bottom and retreating back to their caves. (they get other food too)

I did have a school of corys in with the piranhas for 10 months, they didn't bother the corys at all. I only took them out because I was trying to spawn the corys, but from what I can tell I have all females of the species that was in with them... I won't be putting them back in, just thought I'd mention that from my experience not all fish are food to them.
    Feeding piranhas feeder goldfish is unnatural for them, and the goldfish can easily introduce disease. Just because they haven't yet doesn't mean they won't.
    In nature over 90 percent of the gut analysis of piranhas are crustacean and insect larvae based. Less than 10 percent were fish bones. Eating fish is a rare treat for them in nature, and giving them goldfish all the time is insufficient nutrition.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave66
    Feeding piranhas feeder goldfish is unnatural for them, and the goldfish can easily introduce disease. Just because they haven't yet doesn't mean they won't.
    In nature over 90 percent of the gut analysis of piranhas are crustacean and insect larvae based. Less than 10 percent were fish bones. Eating fish is a rare treat for them in nature, and giving them goldfish all the time is insufficient nutrition.

Dave
    Well thanks for assuming I don't know what I am doing. My goldfish are kept for 30days before they are fed to the piranhas.
    When did I ever say all I gave them was goldfish?
    What is your source on the gut analysis? What species of piranha was it referring to? What season was it conducted?

Everything I have read says up to 90% of a RBPs diet is meat of some manner, most of sick or already dead fish. But can also include birds, rodents and other mammals, reptiles. With crustacean and insects making up the smallest portion. Vegetation making up the last 10%

http://www.piranha-info.com/default....id=p_nattereri
    http://www.fishforums.net/content/Ch...Belly-Piranha/
    http://nashvillezoo.org/animals_detail.asp?animalID=46
    http://www.answers.com/topic/red-bel...cat=technology
    http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Tetras,%...%20Piranha.htm
    Baryancistrus sp. L018
    Hypancistrus sp. L066
    Panaque maccus L104
    Microglanis poecilus
    Serrasalmus nattereri
    Poecilia reticulata
    Yasuhikotakia morleti
    Corydoras aeneus
    Corydoras aeneus Albino
    Corydoras arcuatus
    Corydoras panda
    Corydoras trilineatus
    Corydoras paleatus
    Corydoras leucomelas

Awards Showcase

For doing such good research!! - Rue hehe. - Tolley nascar prize - sailor Happy Birthday! - squirt_12 For rescuing feeders!  Way to go! - Rue 
    Thanks for the rep! - robnepper To the only guy to quote himself! - Mr.Prototype Thinking of Noah & your family xxx - Fishalicious For your 1 year at AC xxx - Fishalicious Not enough gifts - The Red Severum 
    you need more! - The Red Severum one more! - The Red Severum won the lottery with your donation, had to buy you a beer - mrs fishpatrick Time for another round! - northernguy A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey 
    Here's one on the house, Nick. - robnepper Merry Christmas - Northernguy Thanks!! - Wild Turkey your info has been great the last couple of days - The Red Severum I appreciate your generousity! - Brookfish 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - NickFish Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NickFish Childhood Cancer - NickFish Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - NickFish 

0 Not allowed!
    touche!
    What else do you feed your pirahna then? Do they make pirahna pellets?
    A 125 gal pirahna tank is my dream tank! Good luck with yours!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by freshwaterfishies
    touche!
    What else do you feed your pirahna then? Do they make pirahna pellets?
    A 125 gal pirahna tank is my dream tank! Good luck with yours!
    Quite a few different things actually.
    FD Red River Shrimp
    Fish Fillets from the super market. I'm in a small town so sometimes they have no fish, so I'll get some of the fake crab meat, which is mostly fish.
    Earth Worms, wax worms, and red worms, occasionally.

They stopped eating flake food a few months ago.

They'll sometimes eat the shrimp pellets dropped in for the cats, but for the most part they won't take them.

They make carnivore pellets, haven't tried them yet, local lfs doesn't carry any. They are on my list the next time I order from dr. foster tho.

Forgot non-meaty foods.
    When they where little they ate nori sheets, but that stopped. They get some cucumber, and the occasional banana now.
    Last edited by Gawd_oOo; 12-31-2007 at 01:26 AM.
    Baryancistrus sp. L018
    Hypancistrus sp. L066
    Panaque maccus L104
    Microglanis poecilus
    Serrasalmus nattereri
    Poecilia reticulata
    Yasuhikotakia morleti
    Corydoras aeneus
    Corydoras aeneus Albino
    Corydoras arcuatus
    Corydoras panda
    Corydoras trilineatus
    Corydoras paleatus
    Corydoras leucomelas

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This thread is getting a little off topic...from algae tablets to feeder goldfish.

I feed my 3 cories 1 veggie tablet daily. i am getting 3 more so i will feed 6 of them 2 tablets. I give the 3 cats 3 shrimp pellets, so i will give 6 6. I guess i should give them EACH 2 shrimp pellets daily and veggie wafers every other day, huh? All right. And can i put a paper clip around some bloodworms for them once a week?
    !~*Shockshockshad*~!
    30 gallon
    Heavily Planted SE Asian biotope
    -2 SAE's, 13 threadfin rainbows, 6 White Cloud Mtn. Minnows and a dwarf gourami

12 gallon
    2 bamboo shrimp, couple cherry shrimp, 10 neons, 6 CPD's and 8 spotted rasboras

75 gallon
    South American tank
    -1 Firemouth , 1 blue acara