· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a pressie :-) - mitcore   Something he doesn't have - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas - Lady Hobbs   Donuts are yummy! - AquaBison   Merry Christmas to you as well. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to come in this thread and just ask a Q but, do you have to worry about LR creatures with just FOWLR?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    like hitchhikers on the live rock? yes

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Don't give up! - Rue   good poster - Lady Hobbs   something to chew on :) - Dave66   *kicks* - Drumachine09   Have a slice on me, thanks for the other forums! - Bill M.   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave66
    Fenix is quite right. The main stopping point for a new marine hobbist is the cost. You could easily found a 10 gallon freshwater tank for under 150 dollars if you shop. A like marine tank with live rock and all the equipment will easily be 10 times that.
    If you someday move up to a larger tank, the startup costs increase exponentially. A properly-setup 55 gallon can cost you between 2 and 4 thousand dollars to start.

Dave
    I have a funny story to. My friend was over one day and he thought my nano tank was amazing. So he decided he wanted one. He did about a weeks worth of research and went out and found a 75 gal used tank with a bunch of stuff for $500. However there were no lights, no good powerheads, etc. etc. He has already spent another $500 on lights. Started putting fish in there yada yada. Either way he has a lot more stuff to buy to like a protein skimmer and he never wants to listen to me.
    No matter what kind of ideas you get the bigger the tank is the more it is going to cost you.
    I would say to setup my 10 gallon nano initially from scratch it cost between $400 and $500. With the rock, sand, salt, equip, lights, etc.
    Then I probably put another couple hundred into fish and corals.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for being my new buddy! - 2manyfish   A fishy for all the reef tank help : ) - ♣Erik3.8.07♣   Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish   Thanks for all the reef help! - NickFish   No Message - squirt_12   

0 Not allowed!
    Zackish,

Along the same line as your story...My brother saw a 120g tank on craigslist that a guy was practically giving away. He called me and said that he was going to get it for me, and I had to beg him not to. In the end, I told him, ok, you can get it if you will give the the other $5000 I will need to finish the setup!
    40g SW