· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thanks for the tank list, will make my life much easier, cheers! - FinalJenemba Nailed it! - FinalJenemba I wanted my favorite drink! - BigPoppa My new Albino Plecos they are AWSOME! - BigPoppa Another favorite drink! - BigPoppa 
    Because it is the mutations - MLBfan 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BigPoppa World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - BigPoppa Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BigPoppa Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BigPoppa Gay and Lesbian Pride - BigPoppa 
    HIV/AIDS - BigPoppa Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - BigPoppa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - BigPoppa 

Lightbulb Question for Senior/Semi Senior Members

0 Not allowed!
    I find this site too awsome to even make a suggestion for change. BUT.........................

The wealth of info here and the quikness in which you can get a fairly educated answer here is just amazing to me. No waiting a half a day to get a response when in this hobby you kind of need answers NOW as your fish could be dying,aquarium leaking,water parameters out of whack,filter just caught fire,fish are eating each other,plants are dying,snails are taking over, just anything you could possibly have a problem with you can get an educated answer in minutes. Thats a special luxury to have. Its like having 24-7 customer service for your fish and fish needs. If I owned a fish store Id print cards and flyers out with this sites name on it and write "If you have any problems with your fish or any questions just visit this site and these people will gladly help you." Because thats what you guys are really doing is you are doing the jobs of petstore owners or salesman that should be up to date on all this knowledge and be leading the people in the right direction. They dont because its about sales so they arent going to tell you go home and cycle your tank and come back next month, they will gladly sell you a 10 gallon tank and 20-2inch fish to go with it.

Anyways to my original reason for this thread.

The points or AC CASH that you build up and use on this site to buy things for each other to show appreciation seems to take a long time to build up.

To me when you are new here that is when you are getting your most help from the more senior members and it would be nice to be able to show your appreciation for it.

So I Was thinking a faster way to get say maybe 3000-5000 points(AC CASH) would be to award like 500-1000 points for doing the basic things like completley filling in your profile, adding an avatar, adding profile pic, posting your first thread, posting your first post, posting your first picture in photo gallery, starting a blog,etc just all the the firsts that you do. I think it would be an incentive to really get involved with all the site has to offer such as the photo gallery and blogs etc and then once youve really invested the time to get into the site by completing all your info and your firsts you will have earned enough AC CASH to then show some appreciation to the senior members that have helped along the way getting you settled in. Then you would just fall into the normal way of earning AC CASH after all your firsts are completed.

So basicly Im just talking about an inccentive to really get involved in the site and to stick around long term.

Its just a thought as I have 4-5 people who have just been excellent to me in the forums and in private and it would be nice to be able to show some love lol.

Also what if the site offered AC CASH for real cash donations?

1000 AC$ for each $1 donated

I think that would bring the site money as Id buy $20 right now. Im sure as you build points that wouldnt be the case but maybe you would still donate just becase its a great site but Im sure alot newcomers would start donating money that way.

Again just a thought.

So what do you think?

Is there a best way to earn AC CASH?

Anybody have any for sale I buy some lol although I do think thats a good way for the site to make some extra $$$

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a paypal account and US currency is always welcome!

0 Not allowed!
    Play the lottery under the shop menu. That's how many of us got ours and it has also enabled me to give away over 3 million over the years.

But it does take a bit of time to build up your points by answering questions, asking questions and a few other things and you have not even been here a month.

Most people prefer rep points and they are free to give out. (Points sent to you. Enjoy)
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 05-14-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Thumbs up Despite reds sig... I love me some rep :-D

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs

Most people prefer rep points and they are free to give out.
    +1 to the rep

+1 to the lottery.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.