· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default How to upload pictures to our gallery

0 Not allowed!
    Uploading pictures to the photo gallery

Some basics

- Pictures are not allowed to be bigger then 2500x2500 pixels.
    - Images must be in one of the following formats .jpg,.jpeg,.png. Bmp pictures are not allowed as bmp is a very ineffective way to store pictures. If you have pictures in Bmp or other none supported format please convert them before trying to upload them.
    - You don't need to have the pictures on your computer. You can upload them directly from an URL such as an photobucket account.
    - Uploading pictures counts towards your postcount.

How to upload a photo

-click on upload photo in the top right corner of the screen.

You are then taken to the upload page.

On this page you chose the category for your pictures. You can choose one of the general categories or your private album.

Once you have choose category you see a field that says: Select the photos you wish to upload from your computer: Here you click browse and locate the file you want to upload on your harddrive and choose it to upload. If you want to add a picture that ayou already have uploaded to the internet you should look further down on the page to the right (beneath the submit/upload button. There you'll find extra options and "Retrieve all images from a URL:" Enter the URL for you picture there. Under extra option you can also choose if you want to allow members to rate your pictures as well as a few other options.

In the field title you enter the name of your picture, preferable what the picture portraits.

In the field description you can write a short description of your picture and the equipment used. You don't have to do this but are very welcome to do so.

In the field keywords you write a few words that are related to the picture, including the name of the pictures. This will make it easier for people to find the picture.

When you have entered the data it should look something like this.

Once you are done you click on upload/submit. Be patient. Uploading your picture can take a while, especially if you're on a slow connection.

After a while a new screen should appear. Here you can see a thumbnail of the image you are uploading as well as the information you entered about it. Here you can also choose extra categories for the picture if you think it suits more than one category. Check that all data is entered and correct. If not, correct it. When you are done you click on process to finish uploading the file. Make sure that the add photo box is checked. Otherwise the picture will not be added to our DB. Here you can see a screenshot of this screen and how it can look before clicking "process"

Hopefully you'll see a screen saying that the image upload was successful.

You have now added a picture to our gallery and can keep browsing our site, or even better upload another picture.

You can upload videos to our gallery using the same methods. If your movie is to big to be uploaded you can send me a pm and I'll fix it.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 12-20-2011 at 09:01 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Let me know if there is anything you think needs to be added to this guide.

0 Not allowed!
    What I found that is so neat about the gallery is that you just load and load your photos to your hearts content. You don't have to add titles or comments or catagorize your photos on the first page. Just keep hitting browse, pick out your photos to upload and hit "Upload and Submit" at the bottom. Then go to Upload again.

You then get a showing of all the photos you have decided to add. You then add the titles to each one, direct the photos in which album you wish to store then, add comments you'd like to make, etc. One time only do you need to hit "Process." All your photos will go into the albums all at one time.

You need not hit "Process" for each and every photo.

Very cool to be able to catagorize individual photos into different albums all at once.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you William. complete and clear. i read it and uploaded +30 of my oscars and fry pics in the gallery.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fish...=10386&cat=500

also i got 2 gallery awards
    but why it says i have 92 photos? and i was given silver gallery award for +50 photos but i just have 31 right now.

I'll upload my other pics later.
    80g Oscar Tank
    MTS cured!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i think i found out! i selected 2 optional catagories for my pics beside member gallery ( tropical fish and american cichlid ) then its counted the pics triple.
    80g Oscar Tank
    MTS cured!

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, selecting that way your pic will go into all your albums. You may wish for them to not be all mixed up tho.

0 Not allowed!
    Aha ok. Didn't know it counted pictures triple if it was entered into serverl categories. Well you live you learn.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i really cant find how to upload pictures, i can upload videos.
    and i cant even find the gallery

0 Not allowed!
    The gallery is here
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fishpictures/

You can find the link in the left menu near the top.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thanks mate now i did it