· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default HOB flow diverter

1 Not allowed!
    Ok so I have a fluval c4 on the end of my 55 galllon tank. It was working pretty good and befor I had live plants I wanted all the current I could get. But sense switching to powerheads for my under gravel filter the flow was tossing my plants almost flat. So I took a chunk of 2 pvc and cut it in half the long way. Then I cut it down to 9 inches long and drilled about 25 3/16 holes. Lastly I cut 2 slits about an 1/8 thick across maby 75% of the pic pipe on each end to let out any water that over flowed from the main discharge holes. I then just lifted up my filter a little and wedged the finished flow diverter Under it. It is working better than I thought it would and looks better than the Gatorade bottle diffuser I came across in the stickies imo but that one did function just fine. Here are a few pics if the finished product.

384FC202-97E5-45BB-82E5-7E8737C7335E.jpgC862FF72-EBB9-43A6-9117-427522A2C33D.jpg3C9EE59C-434E-4D79-B9A8-7E43E12D7D34.jpg

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry the pictures are upside down on here they are normal on my phone. If a mod or someone could rotate them it would be much appreciated.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Have a beer for 5,000 posts ;-) - steeler58   Closest thing I could find for a gold star. - Taurus   Gold Star for that one! - RiversGirl   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    That is a great idea. Thanks for sharing the pics. I have so much down flow in my 75g from my AC110 that I can't keep any plants below it without them being flattened sideways. This might be a solution for me. I still will have the Eheim water flow on the other end of the tank.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Glad I could help. I’m making one with all slits for my 10 gallon to try and keep a little flow for a glass cat my gf has so I’ll post results on that model. Oh and after work I got parts for a spray bar and I found a connector that should make it very stable while hanging on the tank vs just a 90* elbow.