· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a pressie :-) - mitcore   Something he doesn't have - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas - Lady Hobbs   Donuts are yummy! - AquaBison   Merry Christmas to you as well. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

Default WaterBox Marine X 60.2 Mixed Reef

1 Not allowed!
    After going years without a reef tank and finally becoming a homeowner at the beginning of this year I knew I needed a reef tank to be the center piece of the living room. Life finally stabilized after 10 months of moving 450 miles, starting a new job, and becoming a first time homeowner. I knew I wanted a tank that was as close to plug and play as possible; I'm over piecing stuff together and building everything myself. Red Sea and WaterBox were the two front runners for what I wanted and my favorite local reef store (LRS) carries WaterBox so that made the choice easy. I sold a car last weekend and had some money burning a hole in my pocket, so what better choice than to go impulse buy a new tank! That's exactly what I went and did last night.

It will be about a month before water goes in the tank. I'm waiting on my parents to bring down some equipment I left at their house when I moved out and I need to get my RO/DI filter and water mixing station setup in the garage. In addition to that, I still have to grab some more equipment and testing supplies from the LRS next week and maybe make an online order or two.

Tentative major equipment list:
    • Radion XR15 Blue
    • Nero 3 (x2)
    • XP Aqua Duetto ATO
    • Bubble Magus C3 Skimmer
    • Mag Drive 7 Return Pump

Tentative livestock list:
    • Pair of Black Ocellaris Clownfish
    • Lawnmower Blenny
    • Yellow Watchman Goby
    • Royal Gramma
    • Blue Damsel
    • Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
    • Clean-up Crew

Tentative coral list:
    • Zoas
    • Acans
    • Torches
    • Ricordias
    • Green Star Polyps
    • Pulsating Xenia

And here is the first full tank shot in all its empty glory.

marinex101421.jpg
    Last edited by AABatteries; 10-15-2021 at 03:55 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a pressie :-) - mitcore   Something he doesn't have - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas - Lady Hobbs   Donuts are yummy! - AquaBison   Merry Christmas to you as well. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    Shortly after my last post I got my RODI unit relocated to make space for the water mixing station. Don't mind the ancient Coralife filter (if it ain't broke, don't fix it; crossing my fingers the TDS still comes in at near zero) and my messy garage. I've since gotten the proper tee I needed to complete the install and successfully ran water through it.

coraliferodi.jpg

watermixingarea.jpg

Did a little running around this past weekend to pick up items and got some stuff in the mail. Still waiting on a couple more packages to arrive, and I am planning to pick up some ABS sheets tomorrow from Grainger that I will make into drip trays for each of water tanks. I also ppted to go with a Syncra Silent 3.0 return pump over the Mag Drive 7. The Mag Drive will be relegated to the water mixing station as it is louder and less energy efficient.

watermixingpieces1.jpg

I'm excited about the rechargeable, motion sensing light stick I got off Amazon for 10 bucks. Here's a link if anyone is interested.

marinex60lightedstand1.jpg

marinex60lightedstand2.jpg

I've also decided that I'm probably going to incorporate a dosing system at some point in the future. And I've been looking into power and cable management for inside the stand. I am planning to use a DJ style power strip and make some sort of DIY control panel that will hold that power strip and provide a future location for the dosing system, as well as give me a place to mount a couple controllers I plan to start off with. I'm excited to see how this turns out, as I think this project is pivotal in making a functional and organized looking system with the small amount of space I have inside the stand.