User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Update: Glofish swimming erratically - Videos

0 Not allowed!
    Hi

This is an update to my previous post:

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=129715

Basically
    About 2 1/2 weeks ago I noticed my 4 yr old Glofish had stopped eating his flakes.
    I dont know why.

I even tried starving him for 3 days....and he still wouldnt eat.

I went and got him some tubifex worms ....and he ate it right up.

With in a 1/2 afterwards he started swimming about erratically...around and around...bumping into stuff.

He looked like he was stressed out.

As a first step, in treatment...I figured he was constipated...so I tried pea treatment. He didnt go for it. I tried
    Epsom salt treatment. It went fine, but Im not sure if it helped or not.

Being that he had the episode right after I fed him, I was thinking that maybe it wasnt constipation, but that maybe the actual process of eating that was bothering him.

But last night, he had another episode of erratic swimming....But I hadnt fed him yet.

I was able to get it on video. Here are several clips
    https://app.photobucket.com/u/John_J...b-cbcf56a10b5d

I know its not the water, its not the numbers, its not the tank.....but...Im not sure whats wrong with the the little guy, and thus what to do next.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Can't view the vids w/out signing in to Photobucket.
    I haven't had an account with them ever since they jacked their prices sky-high.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry....my bad.

I had the alblum set to private. I made it public and you should be able to see them now.

If you're shown only a single video...click the blue BACK link on the left. There should be 8 videos

The ones for Dec 17th...or BlueberryNew.....I just shot.

Unfortunate turn of events today, though.

I came out this morning and he was lying on his side. I thought he was dead. Then suddenly he jumped up and began swimming erratically around for a couple minutes...and then went back down again.
    He "rested" for a while....and then went about erratically swimming again. Then rested again.

Now he's back swimming around again....but calmer this time.

I tried feeding him...a worm...and flakes...but he didnt go for it.

I dont know whats wrong with him. There's nothing apparent on the outside of him....and I dont know whats going on ..on the inside so I dont know which meds to use.

Ideas, please.

Thanks
    -John.
    Last edited by John_Johnathan; 12-17-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    The fish may just be in it's final days, I'm sorry to say
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Hi.....

I held off replying because at the time you responded...something miraculous was happening with my little fishy.

The night before, he had a horrible attack of erratic swimming, and when I left him he was at the bottom of the tank. I thought he would be dead in the morning.

BUT....when I came out....he was up and swimming around pretty normal. One couldn't really tell something was wrong.

I was able to get a video of it - (Most recent video - BlueberryLastSwim3)

https://app.photobucket.com/u/John_J...7-168c62c9c5bc

As I watched in amazement....the folks said "Thats great....but....There will be good days...and bad "

And unfortunately that turned out to be the case. Late that night...he like said "Well thats all I've got"....
    ...went into a small fit of erratic swimming...and dropped to the bottom, to stay.

He died Sunday.

I gave him a proper burial in the garden.

For the last 4 years he's been my little fishy friend...and I and his tank mate.

....Miss him.