· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

2 Not allowed!
    Well, I got the glass, and this task seems a bit more daunting in real life than it was in my head.* Among other things, the glue I got only has a five minute work time, and of course fresh silicone doesn't adhere well to silicone that has already skinned over. So I'm going to have to really think this through and maybe even practice several times before I start laying down the glue. Still, though. I'm excited.

I also ordered a neoprene pad to put under it, just in case my desk isn't perfectly level. The powerhead and plastic mesh (for the moss wall) should be here today. Light fixture should be here Monday. Once I know that works, I'll put in a substrate and start ordering plants!

*this is true of the vast majority of my projects.
    Friends don't let friends use clown-puke gravel.
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post

*this is true of the vast majority of my projects.
    and the projects that you've shared/ shown us all seem very cool when you complete them. I'm certain this one will be no different in that regard.
    I'm excited too!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

2 Not allowed!
    OK, got the tank glued up, more or less. I'll fill it up this evening and see if it took.

Next up: Decide whether I'm going to do a moss wall or a simulated stone wall for a backdrop. Then time to order plants!
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Slap, might be time to move this into the journals section, if you don't mind. I think this thing's a go!
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Thread moved, per OP's request
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, slap!
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Anytime....
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    one can never have too much duct tape...

Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    I think this thing's a go!
    Glad to hear this news!
    Last edited by RiversGirl; 01-13-2021 at 07:39 PM.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Well, 48 hours and no leaks, despite the utter lack of duct tape! tonight I'll clean off all the glops, dry it out, and start building a backdrop. This one is going to be a lot less work than the last one I did--just a plain rock wall. By the time I have that done, the substrate should be here and the plants should be starting to show up.

ad2167663e213384a773d38eeb950280--stuff-and-things-things-to-do.jpg
    Last edited by WhistlingBadger; 01-14-2021 at 10:01 PM.
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Got out in the shop and mangled some blue foam over the weekend. Got some drylok and concrete pigment. I am now the proud owner of a bunch of monochrome fake rocks. Need to put some shading on them to get them looking more realistic, then into the tank. I have substrate ready to go and I'm almost ready to order some plants! I am planning on the following to start with:

Christmas Moss
    Sumatra moss
    Java fern
    Rice
    Sagittaria latifolia
    Paddy herb
    Crypt cordata
    Crypt Pontederiifolia
    Sagittaria latifolia
    Paddy herb

All of these are available through the usual shops and/or ebay. As usual, I'm going to start out with a ridiculous number of species and see what takes.
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast