· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Just saw this, sorry Thomas

Get a Current Satellite for your LED!

And did I read correctly, you want MTS and ramshorns in this tank ON PURPOSE?!?!
    Thank you, I can go to bed in peace now. ha ha

Yep, going to try mts on purpose. It's a small tank so squashing them shouldn't be TOO hard if they get out of control.
    Friends don't let friends use clown-puke gravel.
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    I need to get you a vid of the thousands of MTS in my 10G, might change your mind...I abhor them
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    I'm excitedly tuned in for your new build! It sounds like a great plan
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   You need a friend for Beauty, since Ghost was a meany - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    Thank you, I can go to bed in peace now. ha ha

Yep, going to try mts on purpose. It's a small tank so squashing them shouldn't be TOO hard if they get out of control.
    A beg to differ... When MTS get out of control they climb your walls to the point where you can't see in your tank try squishing that.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I need to get you a vid of the thousands of MTS in my 10G, might change your mind...I abhor them
    Yes, please. I think he needs to see it.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    A beg to differ... When MTS get out of control they climb your walls to the point where you can't see in your tank try squishing that.
    Sounds like a job for the shop vac!

MTS are sort of a weird phenomenon. Some people love them; others insist they are certain disaster. You hear the same extremes about most of the smaller freshwater snails. I'm not sure what makes the difference. Some say it's overfeeding, but you two know what you're about enough that I doubt that was the problem. But...I'll probably try a few anyway. Sometimes I just have to jump in, try things, and figure it out for myself. And I'll probably come crawling back to you for help when they get out of control. And you will help me, because you are wonderful people.
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Pictures are of my 25g tank a long time ago. Baby snails will float to the top in huge numbers, then slowly find their way back down. It's also creepy to see your substrate moving. Tank is now clear after lots of time and $$ spent on assassin snails, again and again. Also had them in similar quantities in my 40g and a 20g, also now mostly clear. Squish that!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Wow, Sue, that's sort of terrifying. Maybe no on the MTS, then. I really want to try them because I've heard they're great for a natural substrate...but I've heard a lot of horror stories like this, too. Hm...I thought they were cooler looking than that, too. Those are just sort of white and ugly. I can identify with that, but it isn't really what I want in my tank. I'm getting some kuhli loaches, and those will help the substrate stay in good shape. Thank you all for the warnings. I wish I knew what to think of these critters--the info out there is so contradictory. Maybe I'll add some ramshorns and call it good. At least ramshorns look cool.

BUT...look what came in the mail today! Black madras rice seed!
    IMG_20210104_164447.jpg

ALSO: My aquarium glass is ready at the glass shop; I plan to pick it up on the way home from work tomorrow. The light fixture, powerhead, and a few other doodads will be arriving over the next couple weeks. I've never built a custom tank before. I'm excited to give it a try. It is GOOD to have a garage to work in. I just have to fit this project in between the bow I'm building, all the home improvement experiments, and a bundle of music recording projects...
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   You need a friend for Beauty, since Ghost was a meany - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    How exciting! Looking forward to this...
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Me too! :)
    www.whistlingbadger.com