· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   

Default Clownloach gone. Missing again

0 Not allowed!
    While searching for my other clown loach I was lifting things in tank big wood ornaments etc there is quiet a lot of debris as I lift these things up,
    I do regular water changes 50/60% every week so I don't know what's wrong , I don't over feed,

Do I need to hoover the gravel/sand
    Any help appreciated

Latest gifts & ribbons:

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    anyone at all

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I only have one tank that I gravel vac as there are not too many plants in the substrate, (more attached to driftwood) so I can get around those. I do not move the driftwood at all. My other tanks are more heavily planted and have smaller fish and shrimp in them. So for these I cover the siphon hose with nylon to avoid sucking up fish or shrimp and therefore I'm not vacuuming up any detritus or mulm either. Nor do I move the wood or stone.

If you can vacuum, I would, especially if you have larger fish and can do it without uprooting or messing with plants. A lot of that debris is fish waste, maybe some leftover food even if you don't overfeed, and probably some shedding of the wood, if it is real driftwood rather than an artificial ornament. This is not removed with a simple water change. Depending on the flow of your filtration and the activity of the fish, some will be kicked up and picked up by the filter. But a lot will be left.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    thanks for that just finished vacumning wasnt to bad , how often would u recommend doing this?

are wave makers any good ?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   You need a friend for Beauty, since Ghost was a meany - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Vaccum when you see a buildup of detritus on the bottom. If you don't see a buildup then try to do it every month. I try to do it in the weekly basis in the tanks that I know I have messy fish in, like tanks with plecos that wrasp wood. Sometimes it feels like I should be doing vacuuming twice a week in those tanks!
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Agree with Boundava. Every few weeks is good for a vacuum, unless you see issues developing. Or you can do different sections of the tank each time you do a water change, rather than having to do the entire tank at one time.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    Agree with Boundava. Every few weeks is good for a vacuum, unless you see issues developing. Or you can do different sections of the tank each time you do a water change, rather than having to do the entire tank at one time.

Thanks for that folks, Any Advice or recommendations on Wave Makers are they worth introducing in tank ?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I've never used a wave maker, so I can't help here, sorry. But go to Youtube and search for aquarium wavemakers and you'll find several videos. Here's one:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   You need a friend for Beauty, since Ghost was a meany - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    If you don't feel your filter is providing enough water movement then you can get a current/wave maker. I have used the Hydor series before they became super expensive and have had luck with the Sunsun brand, though they haven't all be as durable, you do pay for what you get sometimes.

BTW Sue, what a great video!
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Latest gifts & ribbons:

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    I've never used a wave maker, so I can't help here, sorry. But go to Youtube and search for aquarium wavemakers and you'll find several videos. Here's one:

yes he is good