· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Soon to be mine

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    Thanks for the link. That is one scary condition!

Ava is one very lucky little kitty-cat. I'll bet you'll love her to pieces.

Such a sweet picture.
    Yes, I can't wait to get this cutie home. Since I lost my dog in June, it's pretty quiet around here. I'll post another picture or two when she's finally here. It's been years since I've had anything but mature dogs or cats so it's going to be interesting having an active kitten around.

The MRI was really not that bad, but long - about 45 minutes. Should have some results beginning of next week.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    Ply her with plenty of toys. Kittens love toys, but wait with the catnip until she's older. She may or may not go for it.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Sue, I am so sorry to learn about your hearing troubles. You did well to get yourself checked out so quickly! I hope you will recover your hearing in that ear very soon.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   You need a friend for Beauty, since Ghost was a meany - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Sue, also sorry to read about your sudden hearing loss, how scary! Hope the MRI results turn out well and glad that they got you on steroids so quickly. Hope that you are getting some improvement from them.

Also sorry that Ava will be delayed, but this gives you a little time to focus on you. Take care and I will be waiting for updates on both.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Sue, I am so sorry to learn about your hearing troubles. You did well to get yourself checked out so quickly! I hope you will recover your hearing in that ear very soon.
    Agree with Rivers. Hoping you'll recover fast and can enjoy the new beauty !
    No Cory, No Glory !!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for all the well wishes. Had the long MRI last Friday evening and got a call Monday am they wanted me in again for another, more targeted MRI the next day. That's a scary call!! Went the next day and this one was just about 10 mins. Saw a neurologist PA the following day who told me that fortunately there was no blockage, no aneurism, and no tumor. So, no particular reason for the hearing loss.

Apparently, they had originally seen something which actually was just a little difference in some structure that was always there and she indicated that this was often seen. (Maybe the source of my brilliance! ) Everything was flowing appropriately. I've since read the report and the terminology is beyond analysis (even googling it) for me. I'll be finishing up the steroid treatment and seeing the ENT doctor again next week so will see if he can dumb it down a bit more. Bottom line so far - I still have no hearing in one ear, no reason for this loss, and may just have to live with this.

E-mailed with the Ragdoll breeder today and things are looking good for her to be spayed this Monday and I should have her by Thursday or Friday next week. Just waiting to hear back on an exact time as the breeder also works part time as a nurse. Nothing like a purring kitty to calm the nerves.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

1 Not allowed!
    When you get that sweet little kitty home, please post more pics. She's too cute for words.

Isn't it frustrating when medical scans and tests are inconclusive? Hopefully, you can get some clear answers. With all the advanced and expensive technology they have today, one would think they could tell you something other than "we don't know".

Here's wishing the best for you.

Mermaidwannabe
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Have you brought home your new little cream puff kitty? Little Ava?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Just an update - but kinda long, sorry: I just picked up my kitten this past Sunday. Following the spaying/neuter of this litter, 3 out of the 4 kittens came down with sneezing and some nasal drainage, probable sinus infection. Breeder wanted to watch them and eventually they went on antibiotics. So it was another 2 weeks before all was well. Breeder was great in keeping me informed and even offered me another kitten - with same coloring as mine - that she was holding on to as a potential future breeder. But I decided to stick with the original. So she's here now, completely healthy and doing really well.

I was confining her to my bedroom/bath for the first couple of days. She hid all of the first day and night and no enticing with treats or toys helped. She didn't eat, drink or use the litter box. For a while, she was in this tent-like bed I have for her, all the way in the back. But I could get her out, which I did several times the first day for some "petting sessions" until she went under the bed that evening. There was no getting her out of there. When I went left, she scooted to the right. But I was able to entice her out the next day with a feather toy a few times and she would play for a while, then scoot under the bed again. By the afternoon, however, we were pals and she was eating/drinking and using the litter box. I brought her downstairs in the evening as I settled in to watch tv, just holding her on my lap. So for a couple of days I'd bring her down for a few hours each day and again at night but she was really timid and cried often. She eventually found her own way back upstairs, once to the spare bedroom where she cried under that bed. When she saw me, she came right out and I brought her back to my room - her safe place.

I now leave the bedroom door open each day when I get up for her to come and go as she feels comfortable. Yesterday it took her 4 hours to come downstairs but it was only for a short time. I brought her down again in the evening and just held her for a while and she eventually dozed off on my lap. Today, she didn't come down at all on her own (although I went up there several time for play). So I brought her down in the evening and she's been much more adventurous, mostly exploring the den where I was, falling asleep on the couch next to me, then up and about again, knocking the remote on the floor, checking out the blinds from the back of the couch, etc. Maybe a breakthrough. All in all, she is so sweet, loves to be petted, purring all the while.

As far as my hearing, no change after 2 weeks of oral steroids. So I started steroid injections directly into the ear (yes, it hurts a lot for a couple of minutes). Two weeks after the 1st one, there was a slight improvement on the hearing test as far as hearing the beeps. I could not make out any words said, however, but I did hear "noise" coinciding with the syllables spoken. So I've had a 2nd injection this week and will go back again either next week or the one after. I think he said I could have 4 of these. I'm still not very optimistic but even a slight improvement is worth a little pain.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    She has a lot of new territory to explore. And once she realizes how loved she is, she'll milk it for all it's worth. It won't take long for her to get comfortable in her forever home. She's cuter than she has any business being. You'd better hide her, as I may be coming to get her. LOL!