· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default 11 baby Bristle-nose catfish

0 Not allowed!
    What's the best plan for me with my babies?? Sell them?? Give them back to the local aquatic shop? I do have a spare 70L tank... that could house them for a few months... just struggling to clean my tank properly with them in it...
    Help please...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Easiest would be to talk to your local fish store store. Often they will pay or give credit for fish/plants if they have the room for them and can resell them. I had a few spawns of BNP's a few years ago and my LFS took the first group and I got credit. The problem I had was they wanted them grown to a certain size first and I didn't really have room to continue that long term. I did put subsequent spawns in a separate tank for a few months and was able to find a local buyer who bought them all (40+) as well as my female adult.

You could also look around for local fish clubs that may have auctions, or local Facebook groups where you could advertise for sale.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you. I'll chat with my local and then look at FB.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Once they've started breeding it will likely continue for at least several more rounds before they take a break. Other fish will eat new babies, they don't have spines like the adults.

^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks...^^

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind... I have actually found a few more, now at 15 baby's. But I don't have any predatory fish other than the parents. So they seem pretty safe. Only neons.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I had 2nd and 3rd spawns within just a few months, maybe 2-4 months, and also had no predators, just guppies. I would get a 2nd tank set up soon as they'll have to grow out quite a bit before going to a LFS, if that's what you intend to do. If you want to sell, start getting some contacts now. Once you get your numbers down, you may also want to separate the pair for a while if the demand doesn't keep up with your supply.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thank you so much. I think that my 2nd tank will need to be set up soon. Going to be near impossible to catch them all...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdd View Post
    Thank you so much. I think that my 2nd tank will need to be set up soon. Going to be near impossible to catch them all...
    Maybe try a couple of closed end pleco caves like this - https://www.amazon.com/Ceramic-Breed...67695683&psc=1 - or simple PVC pipe with end cap. Plecos generally love caves and when I had to move my adults, I just had to pick up the cave and place it in the bucket of water. You may not get all of the babies this way but worth a try.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you. Yes I've learnt the trick to moving (far more easily and effectively) them in their own caves as appose to trying to net them.