· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Whenever you crush the pest snails, are you leaving them in the tank?

Decomposing animal matter creates ammonia.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

1 Not allowed!
    no i crush them with my fingers then pull them out of the tank and dispose of them. if there are any that died on their own they might be in the gravel/substrate. but any that i saw i crushed physically with my fingertip and then pulled them out. one or two fell off my finger as debris but the majority ended up in the palm of my hand for disposal. i got really good at crushing and removing snails when i had my first tanks when i purchased live plants for them.

5.0 Gallon Tank = planted with jungle val

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

0 Not allowed!
    today .25 AMMO, ZERO NITRITES and 10ppm NITRATE
    Bought another box of the liquid ammo tests in case i need it before i'm finished cycling. NOTHING added to tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    cleaned off some more diatoms/possible blue green algae off the side of my aquarium. tried to squish a snail today and missed. so am waiting for it to show up again because it fell to the substrate.

ammo reading didn't change. nothing added to my tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have green hair algae that are recurring in my tank. this was happening before i even took the crypto out. short of dosing with antibiotics which will ruin everything in my cycle thus far what can i do. It's growing on the substrate, the side of the tank where my jungle val is, and the back of the tank next to the intake holes in the separator for the filtration section from the main section of the tank. according to the paper ammo testing it's .25 but according to the link you gave me it's .50 ammo...either way tank is still not cycled.

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    How long are you leaving the lights on?

Try cutting back.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Lights are on 10am to 7PM is that too long?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    i dialed my time back to turn off at 4pm for now. there's no direct light coming from the window closest to the tank either as i always keep those blinds shut..