· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    TBH, I would consider starting over, with the correct dose of ammonia, a cheap bubbler, and a temp of 82F or so.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

0 Not allowed!
    don't have the funds for another thermometer but the betta one gets it to about 77 degrees F....will do full water change and add 7 drops ammo to restart the process...i can raise the uv cleaner above the water level the extra water would create bubbles at the top of the tank but i only have it on during the day at night the tank's filtration unit stays on as that one is on 24/7 will do a restart then thanks.

5.0 Gallon Tank = planted with jungle val

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

0 Not allowed!
    did 100% water change and used the jungle brand water conditioner before readding back any of the new water. Ammo again started at .25 and NITRATES are now zero. didn't test trites since we're restarting anything. Added 8 drops of ammo (calculator said 7 drops but it's easier to divide eight by two instead of seven). Honestly to be fair i don't mind waiting for a proper cycle it gives my crypto and jungle val more time to grow. also added a slight bit more black gravel in the tank for the area behind the crypto. don't know if the ammo is leaching from the buried root tabs for my crypto and jungle val. Did not vacuum gravel only pulled out the water during the 100% in case any bb had started growing down there. Still crushing baby pond snails as i see them. also i have the water level about a inch lower than the max level for the tank so it's about two inches from the actual top of the tank and the uv cleaner's pump is above the water line as is the filtration item attached to the pump that came for the filtration for the tank to get some more circulation. Will check my temp again of the tank water later with my infared temp gun to confirm the average of the tank temp with lights on.

light cycle is around 10am start to 7pm end eastern time daily.

Let me know if i missed anything.
    Last edited by Shidohari; 07-16-2020 at 03:22 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I have a 25 wat cobalt heater arriving tomorrow. my numbers didn't change since the average temp with my current heater is 73-75 degrees. will hopefully be able to set new temps after the heater arrives monday.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    correction while amazon couldn't provide tracking the heater was pushed back to arrive tuesday so it may not be until wednesday morning before i can swap out as i work tuesday afternoon when it's likely to arrive

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Higher temp should help, a cheap bubbler would, as well.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    let me ask you a question i have a 3 volt uv sterilizer in the tank that has it's own airpump and spits out water like actual filtration system but it's only on part of the day (when the lights are on for the plants) do you think i still need to get a bubbler since i have two working most of the day? I have the output where it spits out water raised above the water level to provide agitation. My 5 gallon marineland contour is more tall than wide...and where my plants are i don't think there's any room on the gravel for the bubbler. The crypto i got shipped to me was almost full size (plus the usual travel melt) when it arrived to me and my jungle val runner that remained is starting to show growth again. https://www.amazon.com/Marineland-Co.../dp/B00GOFS8P4 this is the tank but for the lighting i use the MarineLand LED Aquarium Natural Shimmering Light (link was too long so just posted the name here). and this is the sterilizer i use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which spits out water on its own and comes with it's own air pump.

hope this helps

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Why are you using the UV sterilizer?

I wouldn't run it while trying to establish a cycle, though it may cause no harm....I've never had one, so no experience with them...but one of the purposes of them is to kill bacteria.

I have read they are mostly useless, though, in most circumstances.
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 07-20-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    got it because at one point i had blue green algae bloom in my water, this was before i treated it with mayacin (spelling) antibiotic so i kept it running. i turned it off for now and removed it from my tank. i know there's no room at the bottom of the tank to set a bubbler and even though my tank is taller than it is wide i don't know if any bubble wall pipe would fit...that being said i could keep my water level below the spray output that came with my tank to keep agitating the water. so if i keep it at 1-2 inches below the actual top of the tank it should provide agitation for the tank.
    Last edited by Shidohari; 07-20-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Good.

Once you get your heater, be sure to install in the tank and leave submerged for 30 minutes or so before turning it on.