· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

0 Not allowed!
    no to the first part since it wasn't even .5 a gallon of water.

i cut up one of the pieces of bubble wrap to fit over the back area and secured it with scotch tape in case i need to remove it to clean the uv cleaner and the heater for any reason.

Thank you for the great idea.
    Last edited by Shidohari; 07-05-2020 at 08:43 PM.

5.0 Gallon Tank = planted with jungle val

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    NEVER add unconditioned water to your tank, regardless of the amount, with using chlorinated tap water.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

0 Not allowed!
    oh sorry my bad...i didn't think it would make a difference since the amount was small...noted.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    nothing changed in ammo or nitrites today did not check for Trates. still plugging along.

nothing was added to the tank today.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Good, let it run, and check params every few days.

What temp is the tank?....if you have an adjustable heater installed, bring the temp up to 82F or so, beneficial bacteria grow faster in warmer water.

Any kind of bubbler to agitate the surface of the water helps, as well, get the water as oxygenated as you can, also benefits BB growth (I've read).

If your filter flow is adjustable, turn the flow up, as well.

After the cycle completes, you can revert back to normal temp/tank settings.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    It's just a betta heater for my 5 gallon tank and other than the filtration pump system the only other agitation to the water comes from my uv cleaner the mini one to keep my water looking clear as it has its own pump system and also shoots out water into the tank (it is currently submerged though so i don't see the affects above water) lights on temperature from the water at the top of my tank is 79.8 degrees (verified by a infared temp gun i originally bought when i had a bearded dragon)

So don't check my water params again until wednesday or thursday then correct?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Yep, no need to waste test chemicals for a few days...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    ammo readings were still the same on thursday and sunday. did not bother to test for trites on sunday as the numbers on thursday were the same as normal.

Been trying to kill the tiny pond snails as i see them that are probably from the crypto plant in my tank i missed the fun times of reaching into the tank and squishing the suckers before they grow to their fullest (not really...i haven't missed that at all lol). Tried to get a pond snail today but it ended up falling to the bottom of the tank as it was crawling up my uv cleaner so really wasn't the best spot to try to get it.

I haven't checked trates in a long time should i be? Some of the leaves on my green crypto are turning reddish brown slightly since they're right under the light the rest i'm pretty sure has the brown version of the diatoms on it but i haven't seen any diatoms on the side of the tank, though that might be due to my uv cleaner.

Thoughts welcome.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    no change to the ammo and the nitrites...i wonder if i screwed up the cycle with all the ammo i added since each day til you told me to stop i was adding 7 drops of ammo. Going to check the Nitrates now and will update when done

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    NITRATES are between 40-80ppm the color is close to both shades. that's very high for a five gallon tank...should i do a partial water change to bring those down and then NOT add any ammo to see if it moves it along? or just leave it? TRITES were still at ZERO and Ammo was still at .25 (remember my tap water comes with .25 ammo to begin with).

Please advise.