· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: Blue acara

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

【ツ】 - korith   With biomedia, the more the merrier! - Slaphppy7   

Default Blue acara

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys. I got a 65gal plantes community tank. My brother has a similar tank and he picked up a electric blue acara, I know they are relatively peaceful but I didn’t want to take a real chance without asking you guys who may have had experience with it and if they are really compatible in a community tank because i am considering getting one or 2 if so. I have terras, rainbow, paradise fish, pleacos, angel, s.a.e, guppy’s. Thanks for your help.
    65 Gallon Planted Community: Turquoise Rainbow: 1 Bosemani Rainbow: 1 Kuhli Loach: 6 Rummynose Tetra: 7 Pleaco: 1 Clown Pleaco: 1 Diamond Tetra: 1. Paleatus Cory: 3
    Veil Angel: 1 Clown Loach: 1 Royal Red Doscus: 1

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Should be fine, but keep in mind they are carnivorous, so anything that will fit in it's mouth is fair game.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Agreeing with Slaphppy7. As a Cichlid, Blue acaras should be somewhat territorial. Aren't they african Cichlids? I don't think that Africans should be kept with SA/CA unless big enough. Angelfish are also carnivorous so yeah. For that Electric Blu acara, their max size is over 6 inches, so I wouldn't dare keep it in a SA community tank. I'm guessing they're also peacock/Haplochromis Cichlids. Both are predators. Kuhli Loach will do fine. Rainbow fish I'm not sure about, much less angelfish with africans/corydoras. "Royal Red Discus" (did I read that correctly)?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    They are S. American cichlids.

As Slaphppy said they are relatively peaceful but can predate on smaller fish, so depending on the size of your tetras and guppies-they may be on the menu. Same with the SEA depending on their size and the acara's size.. Should do OK with angels as they are more bottom dwelling and the angels are mod-top dwellers. if you still have the kuhlis in the 65, they also may be predated on-if the acaras can catch them.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Here's a couple of videos about these fish, one of which has a blue acara in a tank primarily with rainbows and a couple of SAE's.

Last edited by SueD; 04-17-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have a Kuhli Loach in my African Mbuna tank and I've had him in my 36 gal. Adult African Cichlid tank... he's still alive sine he likes to burrow. I am not sure if the Acara can catch him much less be able to eat him. They'r excellent escape artists.