· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

4 Not allowed!
    Hey people long time. I can honestly say nothing really has changed since all this started. We have one or two people that we have hung around with from time to time over the years but nothing on a regular basis. My wife works at a doctors office so she is still working. Illinois is one of the very few if not only state which does not consider the auto industry essential. Our governor actually did something a agree with, he added mechanical shops to the list so I am still working.
    That's it in a nut shell.

I know we are not suppose to get political and will not debate how I feel. Delete from nut shell if you want, it's okay by me.

I am more then satisfied with the response of our federal government and our president. What I am not satisfied with is our media and the hysteria they have brought on our country and the manipulation of facts and words in their reporting. I personally do not agree with the stimulus package they just passed, something needed to be done and it is what it is.
    If it's too loud you're too old
    If it's too fast then it must be thrash

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

3 Not allowed!
    Lol, I just stumbled across this...thought it was funny though I am not a Adele fan.

Hey Hockey nut, how are you and your tanks doing? Working in the taxi insurance industry we have been hit with cancellations left and right mainly due to lack of drivers due to Covid-19. I did hear that Sam's place is closed down and for sale. Wonder what happened to everyone working there.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first guppy, lol - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    So I wanted to get some puzzles for myself, and I don't think Walmart has ever been sold out of them- until now. lol!
    I even tried looking for some online but there's not much out there! I guess I will have to find other things to do that doesn't include a screen.
    I've finished up my front garden and replanted some plants I had, plus started up a small tomato patch and trying my hand at blueberries too.

And quite honestly the funny videos and memes that have come out of this entire thing are fantastic! I don't really keep up with much of the news except when they do the official live White House updates or my local news has an update from our governor. I feel like all the other stuff is just to to be taken sort of lightly because media has free reign to say whatever these days apparently. :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Well Mom was supposed to go to the DR today but we all agreed it would be better for her not to go due to the current state of things. Since I was only working at home till 11 I decided to go grocery shopping, last grocery run was almost 2 weeks ago. Got enough groceries for another 2-hoping closer to 3 weeks. It was a aggravating, irritating and almost brought me to yelling at quite a few fellow customers. Signs in the store every six feet that state to stay six feet from fellow customer. Her I am waiting for customers to move before I do, meanwhile everyone else is cutting me off, getting too close and grabbing stuff right in front of my faceIt was absolutely nerve wracking experience! About 60% of the shoppers had masks, and 20% gloves but they still were 2 feet or less from me. I have had bronchitis twice and pneumonia once, Sis has asthma and Mom is at that age plus having had the stroke in November is not doing too well right now heart wise. Last thing I need is some jerks ignorance and plain rudeness to cause any of us to get sick. If I had the option to order groceries for curbside pickup or delivery I would have but Instacart employees are on strike right now so that isn't available.

Seriously next time I go out I should build myself a 6 foot square out of PVC to fit over my cart so that people can get a visual clue to stay out of my bubble! I am not confrontational and do not like to make a scene, but I told two people who tried to squeeze by while I was shopping to give the the courtesy of 6 feet and wait til I was done selecting my items.

The aisles aren't more then 3-4' wide, wait behind me or go to another aisle and grab something else off your list like I was doing as common courtesy to other shoppers.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I was fortunate to get a delivery of groceries today from PeaPod. They usually bring in the house but now offer "no contact" delivery to front porches, etc. Since it was pouring today, I just opened my garage and he left the bags there.

A few things I wanted were not available but I got most of what I ordered. But who knows when I'll be able to get another order. As of today, there are no delivery slots available through April 16th, and they haven't posted any dates yet after that - just have to keep checking. Who knew grocery shopping would become a part time daily job.

I read that PeaPod is trying to hire an additional 1500 workers and drivers. I don't know how many states they service or if that's even enough additional employees.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first guppy, lol - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    They just put us under state-wide lock down except for essentials and I am SO glad I did not attempt the store yesterday. Alot of people unfortunately are getting really ridiculous and very rude. Like if everyone respected everyone else and the rules things would go much more calmly and we probably wouldn't be spreading stuff around as much.

I had a friend who had people reaching over her child to just put stuff on the conveyor belt and was like all in her space. She almost said something but just decided to hurry up and get out of there.

And I don't think we have "PeaPod" down here, but we do have companies like Shipt that do stuff like that. I thankfully stocked up a little bit on nonperishable items like soup, rice etc. And I freeze my bread so it won't go bad as quickly either. Now is definitely not the time to try and be on a diet though, unless you have a fresh garden I suppose. Haha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Also just read that some stores like Walmart, Home Depot are now limiting the # of people that can be in the store at one time. One door designated as entrance, one as exit. Employees at each counting.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah Costco is doing the same.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    One of my neighbors was at a Walmart yesterday and said it was eerie. She was about 25th in line outside waiting to get in and every single person (including herself) had a mask on. Although everyone was just doing what it is required these days, actually seeing this picture - and being part of it - kind of shook her up a bit.

I learned that Peapod adds another day onto their delivery schedule at 1:00 am. I stayed up one night just checking every so often from midnight on. Sure enough, at 1 am another day appeared and only 2 slots were open. I booked it but didn't hit the "check out" button as I knew I would be adding more later. I just wasn't thinking (1:00 am after all) that this was in fact the "save" button. Big mistake as my slot was not reserved when I checked it the next morning. So I stayed up the next night and finally got a slot for April 19th.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Went to the nursery today to pick up some vegetable starts and it was so nice. Havenít been anywhere in 3 weeks and feeling a little loco. Anyways, my yard has never looked better. Have had lots of time to weed, plant, and fluff-lol!! Itís nice because the nurseries here let you order online and just pick up.