· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Exclamation red blood parrot fish has bump

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, I currently have 6 red blood parrotfish and have had them for over 5 years now. A couple of months ago, I noticed one of my red blood parrot females started to get a lump on her side. I was confused as to why, and a few weeks later she laid a bunch of eggs, which she and her mate proceeded to eat after a few days. Now keep in mind this was back at the start of November, and it's now halfway through January and the bump on her side has not gone away. It is also a lighter/whiter color than the rest of her body. I'm really worried for her. She eats well and still moves around the same, but I'd like to know if it's anything really serious.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    If it's a hard bump, it's possibly a tumor/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nasdog View Post
    Hi, I currently have 6 red blood parrotfish and have had them for over 5 years now. A couple of months ago, I noticed one of my red blood parrot females started to get a lump on her side. I was confused as to why, and a few weeks later she laid a bunch of eggs, which she and her mate proceeded to eat after a few days. Now keep in mind this was back at the start of November, and it's now halfway through January and the bump on her side has not gone away. It is also a lighter/whiter color than the rest of her body. I'm really worried for her. She eats well and still moves around the same, but I'd like to know if it's anything really serious.
    Welcome to the AC

A picture of the lump may help with diagnosis of the problem.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    If it's a hard bump, it's possibly a tumor/
    aw shoot :/ i really hoped it wouldn't be, i dont know how she got it

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Exclamation pregnancy or tumor?

0 Not allowed!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nasdog; 01-17-2020 at 06:18 AM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Welcome to the AC

A picture of the lump may help with diagnosis of the problem.
    IMG_3678[1].PNG
    here is the most recent picture of her ://

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    @Rocksor, have a look, please
    @nasdog, I have merged your threads, no need for 2 of them with the exact same subject matter.
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 01-17-2020 at 02:31 PM.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I would guess either a tumor or ulcer... that’s not cool... I guess the question boils down to..
    1. Should you do anything..
    2. How long will the fish live...??

A little research on google gives me this:
    “Most ulcers are caused by bacterial infections that are commonly found in ‘healthy’ ponds but cause little harm until the fish are stressed by poor water quality or environmental conditions.”
    source: https://www.molly-fish.com/sick-dying

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Possibly an infected injury or a burn by a Heater (unless your heater(s) is guarded). Do any of these speculated illnesses help you? Most likely not pregnancy so I would guess tumor if that's the other most likely. I'm guessing soft bumps are burns.