· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Lighting seems fine to me. Regarding air stones pushing CO2 out, they do to a limit but if you have an indicator that shows your tank has the correct amount of CO2 then it's fine. I ran multiple air stones with my system when I had it set up and my tank was in the green all the time (30ppm if I remember correctly).
    No indicators or CO2 injection or anything it’s a pretty low tech tank just some HOBs a bubbler sand substrate some artificial plants and a couple live ones. I’m not necessarily looking to have a heavily planted tank but would really like to get some healthy love plants going and then be able to replace atleast some of the majority of the fake plants with live ones.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mspringer View Post
    No indicators or CO2 injection or anything it’s a pretty low tech tank just some HOBs a bubbler sand substrate some artificial plants and a couple live ones. I’m not necessarily looking to have a heavily planted tank but would really like to get some healthy love plants going and then be able to replace atleast some of the majority of the fake plants with live ones.
    Live, not love...
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Bump bump...
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry, what is your current live plant list? If your looking for relatively low maintenance plants then go crypts. Most stem plants are fussy with the exception of anarchist, hornwort/foxtail, water sprite and many hygros like temple plant. You can also go with aponogeton plants or bulbs. Depending on the variety they can go dormant after flowering. All of these are mainly medium light, column absorbing plants so dosing excel and other liquid ferts will suffice. You don't even need the Excel to be honest. I haven't used it in almost two years.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    OMG, anacharis is the plant, also known as elodea.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    OMG, anacharis is the plant, also known as elodea.
    Currently I just have the two individual live plants that I believe are a variety of sword. As I said previously I have had then for probably around a year and they started as an individual plant that was doing well and I then split it into 2. It thrived again for a while after that but since seems to be dwindling. I am interested in adding more I will keep your advice handy when picking what else to add. I should be getting root tabs delivered today I can add those when they get in.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Went to a couple of local fish stores couldn’t find any crypts but got a variation of dwarf award grass some other plant with a complex scientific name I can’t remember(haha) and some moneywort. I moved the other two swards I have and put in some root tabs. Took out one of the artificial plants for now. If some of the love plants take off now my goal will be to remove the majority of the artificial plants. See what happens...wish me luck!
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Should have said sword not award, and live not love...auto correct is not always my friend...
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Regarding the Moneywort...what I bought seems very healthy. 6 very long shoots about 10-11 inches in length with lots of root sprouts. Based on my reading and what not it seems like the best way to propagate these is to cut them just below the root sprouts and plant the top sections. My current thought is to just let them go for about a month see what the other plant specimens do what grows what dies etc and then at that point likely cut the moneywort and propagate, rearrange the other plants as needed...but for now just let it go and see what things do...seem logical?
    Last edited by Mspringer; 01-20-2020 at 02:41 PM.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a good plan. Its hard to kill moneywort, aka creeping Jenny so leaving it alone for a month seems fine.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore