· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nerite Snails

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default Nerite Snails

0 Not allowed!
    Soooooooo, I just stumbled across some info that has me a bit perplexed. Thought I'd come here to my favorite group of fish keepers for an opinion.

Seems to be commonly stated that nerite snails live approximately a year sometimes 2 and occasionally longer... either that's wrong or I've always had Methuselah nerites. If it doesn't pass in quarantine they seem to be bulletproof and in almost 5 years in this water after my move I have around 20 nerites alive and have actually lost one in a tank and 2 dissapeared shell and all (I have furry pets that probably helped this as some of my nerites have been prone to escape).... that means that ALL of them are in excess of 3 years old except a couple that came from a friend last year that I don't know... and that's in MY tanks...

How long do they live for you guys? Prior to my move I only kept 4 and they were all donated to my neighbor when I moved after 4 years with me. Water was a lot different there than here but still lifespan was most definitely longer than a year or two.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Im a liar lol I actually lost two nerites since I've been here after quarantine.... I forgot about one that was in my sons tank.....

I've had them out of water for hours sometime days after remodeling a tank and they've been hiding in decor and they still lived....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    I was reading up on them and many sites state they can live at least 4 years.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    I was reading up on them and many sites state they can live at least 4 years.
    I guess I missed that yesterday. That seems reasonable lol at least in my experience.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I have 2 nerites that are over 4 years old and can't remember when the other 2 were bought (got a little lax on recording stuff). But I'm guessing they're between 1 and 3 yrs old.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I had placed some (4) of the nerites that I had in the other house for a couple years; and were in the tubs here for two years, into the goby brackish tank and they just passed recently. I am going to pick up another 5-6 for the tank.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I've had them out of water for hours sometime days after remodeling a tank and they've been hiding in decor and they still lived....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blankoya View Post
    tank and they've been hiding in decor and they still lived.... snaptube telegram web
    Lol just hear the clink in the empty bucket and go rescue them its happened enough

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Friends, I wanted to ask you how long live tiger nerites and Zebra nerites like this? they are incredibly beautiful and I want to buy a few.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikegela View Post
    Friends, I wanted to ask you how long live tiger nerites and Zebra nerites like this? they are incredibly beautiful and I want to buy a few.
    Well it seems of they are kept in parameters they like they can live around 5 years. Some of mine have been doing well for over 3.