· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    I see you have a bubbler, why not just add another one in the dead spot using a T connector? That's much cheaper modification than adding and then removing a powerhead in case you don't like it.
    You thinking both filters being on one side is ok?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mspringer View Post
    Also there is a big hole in the cover to accommodate both AC50s If I wanted to move one to the right I’d have to fit another opening and then would be left with an oversized one on the left side.
    Holes in lids are easier to cover than they are to make ;)
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Holes in lids are easier to cover than they are to make ;)
    With what? I want it to look nice when it’s done.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well it’s still not letting me attach pictures for some reason but tonight I found two extension I didn’t realize I had for the AC50s so I added those. They are about half way down the back wall now. If I get the other two I ordered I may add those too which would get it about 2/3rds to 3/4ths if the way down the back wall and probably 3 or 4 inches off the substrate. Thoughts on that?

I also bit the bullet and cut another opening in the cover and moved on of the filters to the right side. The rest of the tank layout all stayed the same. See what that does for things. I don’t know that the extra opening in the cover on the left side is so big that fish can jump out, see any reason to try and cover the extra up any?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Is it a hood, or a glass lid?

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Is it a hood, or a glass lid?
    Its in thirds roughly. One third has flat plastic back where the filters go then a middle section that is glass surrounded by plastic where the light sits then the front section is plastic which tilts up for feeding and access to the tank.

Did you read my entire previous post? Thoughts on all of that?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I'd get a regular glass lid for the tank. It's two pieces of glass, hinged, and a plastic strip runs along the back that you cut out to fit filters, equipment, etc

Fish could possibly jump out of the exposed area; some fish are jumpers, some aren't...and, you'll get quicker evaporation, with more of the water exposed...a new glass lid would help with both

Add the extensions when they come in, should be fine...have you noticed any difference in flow since separating the filters?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I'd get a regular glass lid for the tank. It's two pieces of glass, hinged, and a plastic strip runs along the back that you cut out to fit filters, equipment, etc

Fish could possibly jump out of the exposed area; some fish are jumpers, some aren't...and, you'll get quicker evaporation, with more of the water exposed...a new glass lid would help with both

Add the extensions when they come in, should be fine...have you noticed any difference in flow since separating the filters?
    Previously there was good circulation on the left side and then it tapered off on the right not that there wasn’t any but it was pretty minimal. Now it’s pretty even and there is greater plant movement.

Not sure if I feel like buying a new top wish I could post a picture so I could show you what t looks like right now I don’t think the opening is too excessive and if I were to upgrade one of the AC50s to a 70 I might like the extra room.
    Last edited by Mspringer; 01-09-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    The 5 rasboras I have in the tank seem extra happy lately lots of mating activities going on between them. Can’t wait to see how they act when I add 3-6 more of them!
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    See if you can PM the pic to me, and I'll post it