· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

Default Back from the dead :)

3 Not allowed!
    Life became absolutely insane...following my separation...moving an hour away...selling literally everything but my Midas and my Jaguar cichlid and a few aquariums I kind of took a break from the hobby. I kept my 2 fish going but that was about it...work also became stupid stressful but a few months ago I went back to a former place of employment to do clinical supervision over a private mental health firm so things are once again doing ok. Fish are much fewer these days than the 15 aquariums I was running at one time...no crazy exotics or weird morphs anymore. But the tanks are enjoyable and I am contemplating setting up another planted in the near future...possibly going with pressurized CO2.

Right now here is what I am keeping:

16" male F1 Jaguar
    10" female F2 Midas
    6" captive bred red oscar
    3 tinfoil barbs
    5 spotted silver dollars
    5" sun cat
    3 fancy goldfish(black moor, oranda, fantail)
    blood parrot cichlid
    halfmoon betta
    and a few small barbs here or there

For aquariums I am just running 3x75G, 1x55G. Will be setting up a 47G column for some tiny fish and bettas.

I am however getting more into reptiles...still just have 1 bearded dragon however will be adopting a 2nd bearded in the next few weeks as kind of a rescue project. Also contemplating some geckos...most likely crested in the next few months as well.

How is everyone doing? Still see a few folks lingering around :)
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome back!...glad to hear things have settled down for you
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Ditto, welcome back! Good to hear things are settling down. Good luck with the new reptile additions, I hear mixed reviews on geckos with their personalities. Which variety were you interested in?
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    Crested or day geckos...probably crested tho.

Thanks for the welcomes back ;)
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Geeze, I was starting to feel like one of the last oldtimers around here, lol. I'm down to the 220 now, all the smaller tanks have been fishless for a few years. The 125 currently houses a large female boa constrictor, the rest of the tanks and a number of other enclosures house the other 60+ snakes I've collected or bred. No lizards, don't want to farm feeders for them, and snakes don't require UVB bulbs so they're simpler to maintain. What I find ironic is I would never have kept a single large fish in the 125...

^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks...^^^

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice to hear from you, MC. Sounds like you've been through the wringer.

I am taking a semi-break from the hobby. Still have the 150g dentist's tank, and of course the bluegill pond. Thinking about trying a paludarium this spring with cool-water fish (paradise fish, gold barbs, loaches), fire-belly toads, and/or sagebrush lizards.

Sounds like quite a collection. I love how you are "just" running three 75s and a 55. MTS, much?

Thomas

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome back! Life does throw us curve balls, doesn't it?

How about adopting that greener-than-green Geico gecko and getting him off of our TV screens, once and for all! LOL!

Now, if some of the other old-timers would just return ...
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.