· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy halloween

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

Default Happy halloween

2 Not allowed!
    Happy Halloween!!!

Hope everyone is having fun wherever they are. The weather is supplying the tricks today so I brought in some treats.

IMG_20191031_091608797.jpg

Last edited by Slaphppy7; 10-31-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Happy Halloween!
    I have a candy dish in my office at work I always keep stocked up for the guys. This week had been especially stressful crunch for everyone and they chowed through $30 in candies already.... went to pickup some more for today (because obviously I can't be out of candy on HALLOWEEN) and only stuff in town was Christmas themed.....

I'm claiming it as my Halloween trick. :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Lol that's hilarious. Hey it would work by me, watching the snow fall all day and now its going horizontal?!?! Its a winter wonderland
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

1 Not allowed!
    We never get any trick-or-treaters out here -- never have, since we moved here. They all go into town. Seems this fun tradition is dying out, somewhat, ever since some wickedness took place a few years ago, and parents are hesitant to let their kids go around. Now, they have to check all of the candy before letting their kids eat any of it. Razor blades in apples. Cyanide in candy sticks. No end to the wickedness that has turned this fun tradition into a potentially dangerous one.

When I was a kid, we drove into Chula Vista and went trick-or-treating, and we never had to worry about anything like that. Also, some of the costumes we wore back then would be banned, today. It was all in great fun, as much for the adults handing out candy as for the kids receiving it. Some folks even gave us pennies or nickels in lieu of candy. Kinder, gentler spirits back then.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Many suburbs canceled Halloween on the kids. It was too dangerous... Cold and slick with ice.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

2 Not allowed!
    The Badgerling and me, hanging out at Hogwarts.
    "I look into your future and I see...hyperactive children..."
    IMG_1396.JPG

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    We never get any trick-or-treaters out here -- never have, since we moved here. They all go into town. Seems this fun tradition is dying out, somewhat, ever since some wickedness took place a few years ago, and parents are hesitant to let their kids go around. Now, they have to check all of the candy before letting their kids eat any of it. Razor blades in apples. Cyanide in candy sticks. No end to the wickedness that has turned this fun tradition into a potentially dangerous one.
    You know, I've never found a single account of an actual razor blade in an apple or actual poison in a popcorn ball. Not a single one. Pretty much all of such occurrences have proven to be hoaxes or pranks played by one kid on another. But then, all my friends and I grew up playing "bang, bang, you're dead" with cap guns, too, and by some miracle not a single one of us became mass shooters. I have read that violent crime and kidnapping are actually down from when I was a kid, statistically, but you sure wouldn't know that from the news and social media. We just live in a very, very paranoid time.

OK, sorry to get all serious and fact-checky on a fun thread; just saying hey, get out there, do something fun; let your kids do the same. Things aren't all as bad as you might think!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Mostly hoaxes, yes, but don't forget about this.....person

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Clark_O%27Bryan
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

1 Not allowed!
    That is a very infamous story, which I heard fresh on the news just after it happened.

There was an actual account of a kid having his mouth all cut up because he had bitten into an apple with a razor blade in it.

There were some incidences of pins and needles being discovered in some Halloween "goodies", which turned out not to be so good.

Maybe most of them are hoaxes, but it has happened for real on occasion, and even if it's just a practical joke, it's still harmful.

My point was, when I and my siblings were kids, we didn't have to worry about such stuff. People were kinder, gentler, and the grown-ups enjoyed the fun as much as the kids did.

We trick-or-treated for years, and never had a problem in the 50s and 60s. By the time that poisoning occurred by the dad to his son, we were young adults and didn't go out, anymore.

Matt, you referred to that poor kid's dad as a "person". That's being way too generous...
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Mostly hoaxes, yes, but don't forget about this.....person

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Clark_O%27Bryan
    Yeah, but that wasn't a kid killed by a stranger giving him laced candy. The guy killed his own freaking son to collect life insurance money. That holds with the statistics that the vast majority of kidnappings and assaults are perpetrated by someone the kid knows. Statistically, "Stranger Danger" isn't that huge of a deal, but I guess we can't teach kids to say "Family danger," can we?