· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brrrrrr

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Well I got the trick today-no treat, we are getting 3-5" of snow, woke up to a good inch already. Its 33 right now with 84% humidity so perfect for the white stuff. Yuk, so not ready, spoiled with the warmer 50's and still have to clean out the garage from all the fishy DIY stuff and pull out the shovels and the snowblower (oh double yuk). It won't snow tomorrow and I was even thinking it may be a good idea to get the holiday outside decor up (not on till black Friday) since they are saying it will be a wet winter fro the Midwest (triple yuk )

Glad our neighborhood had the kids out Sunday, it was a gorgeous day and no coats needed. Poor kids will be schlepping in the snow everywhere else around here.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    We hit 70F today which was great for the kids trick or treating. But it's very windy - supposed to get over 50 mph overnight.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

1 Not allowed!
    Anyone notice how the whole country has gotten windier? Not just a little here and there, but stronger winds in more places, all at once.

Looks like my home state is burning up, again!
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm 30'c and it's only halfway into spring.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    I ordered some bulbs that are to be planted in Fall for Spring blossoms -- Daffodils, Tulips, some Spring blooming lilies. This is a mail order nursery I've been using for years. Normally, when I order from them in Fall, they have my bulbs delivered in late September or early October. This year, the growers had problems getting the bulbs to them, due to excessively hot weather in their area. I didn't realize that would be the case when I placed my order. Also, normally, our weather stays reasonably warm through October and even into early November. Our snowy cold has come much earlier this year. I might still be able to plant these bulbs if they arrive Friday, as the tracker indicates. If the snow has melted off by then, the ground might still be workable, but it's uncertain.

If I can't plant them this Fall, I'll either have to figure out how to store them and keep them viable until next Fall, or give them away. These aren't supposed to be planted in Spring.

It's just an unfortunate situation with the nurseries this year. Not really their fault. I also order from this company in Spring, the kinds of plants that are supposed to be planted in Spring for early summer bloom.
    To store them I believe brown paper bag in a cool dark spot.
    If it's too loud you're too old
    If it's too fast then it must be thrash

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

0 Not allowed!
    Okay where are you guys at that it's that cold already. We have been colder then normal, although west side of lake Michigan we have had 30-40° if not more and back again, temp changes from in a 24hr period.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey nut View Post
    Okay where are you guys at that it's that cold already. We have been colder then normal, although west side of lake Michigan we have had 30-40° if not more and back again, temp changes from in a 24hr period.
    The 30-40 temp changes havent happeng this year yet

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm in western Wyoming. Almost yesterday--saw a BUTTERFLY out in the desert, for crying out loud--and back in the 30s today. Probably dip below zero tonight. Life at high altitude!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Time to start dressing in layers, down here...actually, I have already, in a minimal way*

Upcoming work week is gonna be brutal, parkas are flying off the shelves

https://www.12newsnow.com/10-day

*Long sleeve shirt...
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    It did warm up again, here, and I was finally able to plant my bulbs. They finally arrived. It still freezes at night, and for awhile the ground had been frozen, but it thawed out and dried out enough to be workable again. We live in the north Idaho panhandle. It has been in the 40s and low 50s during the day, these last several days. We had a freak blizzard a week ago, where snow piled onto the ground and took awhile to melt off again.

Didn't I post an update earlier?
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.