· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

JDAustralia is offline Junior Member Great white shark (admin)LoachQueenA darn nice guySiamese Fighting FishThe Berserker SushiKiller WhaleAdminPlecoStarfishCharacidiumTrident SharkCatfishEsox LucieusJack DempseyBarramundiDwarf PufferConvict

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Smile Size airstone/bubble bar for Tetra Whisper 300 air pump?

0 Not allowed!
    Hi everyone,

My first post and I'm just curious about a good size airstone for the Tetra Whisper 300 ..... not to big
    but will give a good flow of bubbles. I've just purchased this pump online and I'm just not familiar
    with how large of a stone/bar I can use, as I've only ever used a smaller pump and a 1" stone. I'm
    just looking for a nicer looking & greater flow of bubbles.

I will have it in my 3ft goldfish tank and will be putting it on the bottom at the back.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC.

I'm not familiar with that particular pump, but a quick search shows that it is quite powerful...is the airflow rate adjustable?

You could most likely use any airstone you wish, but unless the airflow is adjustable, you might have some serious boiling bubbling going on, lol
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    You could run a couple airstones or bars off that pump depending on how deep the tank is. The deeper the tank, the more air power you'll need.

Or consider a bubble wall curtain along the back?

If it's too much flow just get yourself one of these
    https://images.app.goo.gl/RjWBQBc6txGM2VsD6
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    So if you are talking about the AP300 then according to Tetra product description;

Product Description
    The Tetra Whisper AP300 Aquarium Air Pump delivers air where fish need it most. This powerful pump adds dramatic bubble effects to tanks as tall as 8 feet. Deliver air to all of your powered accessories with just one pump – the Tetra Whisper DeepWater series can run up to 10 accessories in tanks up to 24” deep, typically 90 to 180 gallons. Never buy another pump or worry about oxygen in your aquarium water – the Tetra Whisper AP300 Aquarium Air Pump carries a limited lifetime warranty (see product packaging for details). Whisper Air Pumps are Tetra brand’s most powerful line of air pumps. The pumps are designed for situations that produce greater back pressure, such as deep tanks (up to 8 feet deep), long decorator air stones, multiple air stones in one or more tanks, and protein skimmers for saltwater. UL Listed. Since 1951, Tetra has developed the world’s most comprehensive body of fish food knowledge, and fishkeeping enthusiasts have looked to the brand for products and solutions that add ease and beauty to their home. Whether you're an experienced hobbyist or just starting out, Tetra has everything you need – from a large variety of quality fish food and innovative equipment to test kits and decor.
    So you will have a lot of power to run multiple airstones, like Slapp suggested. I would get a gang valve which will allow you to run multiple stones and have some control regarding air flow to the stones. Heck with goldfish you may even want an extra sponge filter.

https://www.amazon.com/Penn-Plax-Lok.../dp/B0026XWLQA

I have had one of these and used them on and off for decades, sturdy and doesn't leak air. Can't beat Pen Plax gang valves, lol.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

1 Not allowed!
    IME a sponge filter is much bette than airstones or bubble wands. Those always accumulate minerals and clog up over time. reducing the airflow and circulation. The ATI hydrosponge pro series are the best I've found in many years of keeping aquariums, but cheaper look-alike products are also available that may be just as good. Never tried the MIT knockoffs myself, but I haven't bought any new ones for years either.

Incidentally, the Whisper 300 air pumps are the best I've ever found. Used them for many years w/out replacing any diaphragms or silicone valbes. The blue dome models are junk, not nearly as much air pressure and their diaphragms wore out very quickly.
    Last edited by toddnbecka; 10-20-2019 at 01:56 AM.

^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks...^^^

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by toddnbecka View Post
    Incidentally, the Whisper 300 air pumps are the best I've ever found. Used them for many years w/out replacing any diaphragms or silicone valbes. The blue dome models are junk, not nearly as much air pressure and their diaphragms wore out very quickly.

Agree 100% They are reliable and powerful. I also have used them forever without any replacement of parts, just changing the air tubing when it gets hard.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore