· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: At last!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Tom probably spent a ridiculous amount of time throughout the year practicing with his bow and arrow to ensure a quick ethical kill with as little suffering as possible, which is worlds different than the mindless raising, abusing, and slaughtering of the millions of cows and poultry that feed the masses who give not a single thought on the life lost to fill their bellies.

Great harvest, Tom, and dang good shot! Right in the boiler. Impressive considering the setup you used.
    Thanks! I've missed shots at two elk and several deer over the past few years because my head starts messing with me. A couple times, I've gotten so flustered I made bad shots. A couple other times, a little voice in my head said, right as I was drawing, "You're gonna miss. Something always goes wrong."

Well, I decided that's no fun. So, this past summer I spent a ton of time researching the art and science of archery, particularly instinctive shooting, and practicing, practicing, practicing the physical and mental aspects of instinctive shooting. Yesterday, when the time came, my heart was pounding just like other times...but this time I was so focused there was no room for negative thoughts; I picked a little dark patch of hair low on the deer's chest, drilled a hole in that spot with my eyes, and the arrow went right to it with no further conscious effort from me. Just like it's supposed to work.

Beautiful animal. Does the Badgerling assist with processing the meat? Did you guys weigh it all out?
    I didn't weigh it. It was a smallish buck. His buddy was actually bigger, but this one offered a shot. I haven't had the Badgerling help in the past, but I suspect she'll be in on this one.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats Tom, that was a great shot!
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I have done some pretty go trophy hunting.
    Never heard of leaving a dead animal behind after collecting your trophies.

We have always cut the head off taken that for mounting.

Cut the animal up and hike back down the hill to have the whole thing turned into food.

Only time I see dead animals is from our government doc workers who kill the pests. They leave the bodies along with 1080 poison everywhere.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    Thanks! I've missed shots at two elk and several deer over the past few years because my head starts messing with me.
    Better to miss entirely than to hit the wrong spot and wound the animal without killing it. Glad you overcame your mental roadblock.

When you say your head starts messing with you, do you mean just doubtful thoughts, or does your head mess with your vision and whatnot? I ask because ever since I had my stroke back in 2010, I've had this weird thing happen where if I get myself worked up about something, my head gets this weird fuzzy feeling and my eyes feel like they buzz back and forth momentarily. It happens quickly, maybe half a second, just enough to throw me completely off of what I was intent on. It's very strange and I was wondering since you've suffered a head injury if you are experiencing something similar. I've tried looking up related material on it using the internet and I have never been able to figure out the right keywords to search for. It's an extremely odd feeling when it happens and I don't know how else to explain it other than like being momentarily shocked in the head but without pain.
    Last edited by BluewaterBoof; 10-02-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I have done some pretty go trophy hunting.
    Never heard of leaving a dead animal behind after collecting your trophies.

We have always cut the head off taken that for mounting.

Cut the animal up and hike back down the hill to have the whole thing turned into food.

Only time I see dead animals is from our government doc workers who kill the pests. They leave the bodies along with 1080 poison everywhere.
    Hi, Mac.

Taking the head for mounting is fine, as long as the meat is eaten, i.e., all the usable parts of the animal are used. I was referring to those hunters who kill exclusively for trophies and leave the rest of the animal behind. A complete waste, and immoral. I'm glad it's illegal in most places. I once saw a documentary in which someone did exactly that. They shot an elk, then took the head and walked away. Never went back. My dad was watching it with me, and he was disgusted, too.

You're fine, Mac. Nothing wrong with using the entire animal.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    Hi, Mac.

Taking the head for mounting is fine, as long as the meat is eaten, i.e., all the usable parts of the animal are used. I was referring to those hunters who kill exclusively for trophies and leave the rest of the animal behind. A complete waste, and immoral. I'm glad it's illegal in most places. I once saw a documentary in which someone did exactly that. They shot an elk, then took the head and walked away. Never went back. My dad was watching it with me, and he was disgusted, too.

You're fine, Mac. Nothing wrong with using the entire animal.
    You should see our government workers in the field. They advertise them selves as perfect, when they are worse than the worst.

Complete animals.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    That's so exciting! I ran my season for the first time.this year archery as well.... I needed another day after I finally mastered my sneak but season was over. Grats on your mulie my only shot was in desperation about 1 in the afternoon on the last day after a doe I didnt see busted me and was a miss.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Better to miss entirely than to hit the wrong spot and wound the animal without killing it. Glad you overcame your mental roadblock.

When you say your head starts messing with you, do you mean just doubtful thoughts, or does your head mess with your vision and whatnot?
    No, just getting myself freaked out. My concussion still effects me in some ways, but not that. I have just gotten flustered and made stupid mistakes, or had doubtful thoughts that get me distracted. I'm not saying I'll never struggle with those things again, but I think I might be past it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfsamm View Post
    That's so exciting! I ran my season for the first time.this year archery as well.... I needed another day after I finally mastered my sneak but season was over. Grats on your mulie my only shot was in desperation about 1 in the afternoon on the last day after a doe I didnt see busted me and was a miss.
    Well, that's cool you're getting out after them. What kind of bow are you using? It's all about seeing them before they see you, which ain't easy with a muley! Walking radar installations...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I honestly couldn't tell you I shot three different compounds before I borrowed one that I ended up liking. Not a stance I am used to at all and I struggle with most of them because of weight. To hold them level without shaking, to much rifles over the years my left arm can't hang very well holding a bow up.

But I was threatened with replacement if I broke it on the horses so it must have been decent.