· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cat bite

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

Default Cat bite

0 Not allowed!
    Hey all,

Currently I am working away on a heavy complex painful job in queens town New Zealand.

Well come home the weekend, I live away from family Monday to friday for work.
    Well story starts, a friend of mine who got me into reefing, his daughter and her partner have issues with work commitments to keep their very large reef tank.

So went to collect a few reef fish for my reef tank.
    Well that was the plan, her partner on his way to work at the entrance to work slipped and dislocated his knee.

So that's Friday night getting in early am saterday.

Caught up with them latter in the day to get this fish.
    No problems talked for a while then went home with the fish.
    Acclimating them to the new tank.

Now my mate I race with he is getting into reefing, well we went to his place to finish setting up his new reef tank, and do a oil change on my i30 before the long weekend trip Jay and I had planed with kaz to mine gold down queens town on a claim.

Anyway long story short my mates cat bit me really good damaging my extensor tend 3. And a really good infection.

Oddly for once I actually got health care this time free in nz, and am awaiting on the infection.

If it gets worse I am set for a op.
    Tricky bit won the law suit to get my hand fixed in nz, and it's the same hand that got bitten and the op is with in two months.

Now, this is bad things in threes.
    Third jays grandmother passed away in sa.

Talk about a rough time.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm very sorry to hear of all this.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    Things like that tend to come in threes. You always hope not -- once is enough. Glad you were able to get the medical attention you legitimately need, without being told to go fly a kite which sounds like how they respond much of the time.

Strange, though. A good socialized cat rarely bites. Was this one feral or semi-feral?

Here's wishing you and your mates the best. Take care, and monitor that infection. Did they give you an antibiotic?

Probably because you sued them and won, they are now taking better care of you, realizing you will stand up for your rights if they don't.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for all of the bad luck and news, Mac....things can only get better, right?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Unsure the easiest way to explain things with out getting to in depth with politics.

1. False advertising, government backed tax payer funded legal aid to public offices.
    2. Government stopped compition.
    3. Brighter future.

Currently our world post girl our pm is nearly stuffed, she has set most of New Zealand against her big time.
    Which is good news her progressive liberal party have stuffed nz since 1980.

When ever they get in power which isn't often they stuff everything.
    We once had world class health care, public funded and free.

With a private system for more high wage earners or people who do not want to wait for minor operations.

Then our national which is centre in standing made a state system for accident compensation to stop the benifits being paid by tax money for injury.

Worked well and saved money.
    They aloud opt out full freedom, and it had compition.

Then the other party got in and stuffed it.
    Now that system is a full monster billion dollar empire forced on all with no out, unless you can afford lawyers.

Fortunate our family is well versed in legal fighting which is everyday life in Ozzie.
    So we kicked back and won.

I have been let down a lot with our public system.
    But this time they did cover us.
    Oddly public is forced to pay, but acc will hold off to bank the forced money, and force a stretch public system to breaking point.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    Did that cat have its rabies vaccine? You need to find that out. If it has been vaccinated against rabies (which cats can and do get), you're home free from that. If not sure, or if the cat hasn't had its shots, there's more to consider with your treatment.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Heading down south to work.
    Got doctor letter for er or doctor down this way that I and under strict observation and ultra high risk for infection up my tendon.

The cat is a domestic house cat.
    As for vaccination nope none other than worming.
    All info know by the owner and I have been passed on.

One thing is its getting hotter and more inflamed.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    You report 'hot and inflamed' site - sounds like an infection to me. Please go to the doctor nearest you. Insist on coming away with some very strong anti-biotics, please. DO take care of you, mac. This is most important!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Cat bites are worse than dog bites as far as infections go. I had my 16 yr old cat bite me trying to get her into a carrier. She had developed an untreatable tumor and had to be euthanized, so she was not well that day. She had been feral as a kitten but was a loving pet for 16 yrs with never any issues (indoor cat but always had annual shots as needed). By the time we got to the vet's office my finger was already quite swollen and they told me to get to a doctor ASAP - that day - which I did. At an Urgent Care facility, I was given 2 very strong shots as well as follow-up antibiotics and fortunately all worked out well for me. But they also stressed to me how bad a cat bite could be if the infection started to travel, so immediate treatment is needed when swelling happens.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    You report 'hot and inflamed' site - sounds like an infection to me. Please go to the doctor nearest you. Insist on coming away with some very strong anti-biotics, please. DO take care of you, mac. This is most important!
    As noted above I am on a surgery list from this bite and have been seen to.
    So no fear at all.

Mind you still working through till I have to get something done.
    Last edited by mac; 09-17-2019 at 12:02 AM.