· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cat bite

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Well dosed up on temodol.
    Feel like a teenager with out the damage in my hip back neck hands ect.

1 ton of rock shifted by hand today and 99 to go.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    Temodol a pain med? Sounds like it.
    Last edited by mermaidwannabe; 09-17-2019 at 03:38 AM.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    Temodol a pain med? Sounds like it. That is one SWOLLEN hand!
    Yes it's pretty much the best before morphine in nz.

My wife is not overly happy I am away working.
    But unfortunately if I do not work, the chap I am with is just as injured and well his right hand works and my left hand dose, so we try the best we can until it gets worse and work can find replacements for us.

Both of us are due surgery at any time to get repaired.

Still actually shocked that a cat can be so dangerous from a minor bite.
    I have had the underside of my wrist torn open from a dog and zero issues, so stitches and away we went.
    Sliced my hand badly while pulling a rotten calf out of a diary cow.
    Ended up with nothing even when covered in rotten calf blood and cow crap.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    Temodol a pain med? Sounds like it.
    When I got the penicilin shot this nurse I had was one of the best.

Never had simple pain-free jab like this before.

Normally it all goes wrong, this time perfect. Praised her no end.

Also left hand for reference to size and thickness to my bony hands.
    Yes it's swollen, and hot.

May also see the scar on my left hand that the dead calf gave me up from my thumb.
    Self stitched it as well.

Last edited by mac; 09-17-2019 at 03:46 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

1 Not allowed!
    Some nurses and technicians know how to use a hypodermic needle so the patient never feels it. Most don't.

I had to have an IV inserted into the vein on the back of my hand, and they stuck me FIVE TIMES before they could finally get it to hold. Fortunately, I had been shot full of Demerol prior to this procedure, and by the third stick, I didn't care anymore. And those back hand veins are the most painful area to be stuck. I much prefer the arm, but my veins are so obscure, half the time they can't even find them.

Then again, there was this one technician who inserted a needle to draw blood from my arm, and I didn't even know it until after it was in there. Seems the men do a better job than the gals when it comes to that.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Well so far my fingers working properly, swelling has stopped and gone.

And heats vanished.
    So seems to be things are over, i hope.

Is it me or is the forum dead?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to know you are mending well.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Well so far my fingers working properly, swelling has stopped and gone.

And heats vanished.
    So seems to be things are over, i hope.

Is it me or is the forum dead?
    Good to hear you've healed up, Mac....and yes, the forum is a ghost town
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Not to overly alarm you, but the question remains if that cat had its preventive rabies vaccine. Among the regimen of shots our kitties get here in the states is a vaccine to keep them from contracting rabies, which they could pass on to humans if they bite or scratch them. Cats sometimes get bitten or clawed during fights with other cats or with wild animals, and if even one of those animal is rabid, the cat can get rabies if it hasn't been vaccinated against it. It's probably rare, but why gamble? I would ask that cat's owner, point blank, if his cat had received a rabies shot prior to biting you -- and demand a straight and truthful answer. You have a right to know that.