· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Very neat shrimp! I especially like that zebra shrimp you've got. So cool looking!

I do so agree with you about the differences in keeping shrimp vs fish. Even though I am not nearly at the level you are (I keep 'easy' everything), I get different enjoyments from each too.

That variety of watching you mention is what keeps me watchful. From a distance, up close. In passing and to sit down with it. Working in it and thinking about it when I'm away. It is always in my mind in some capacity and that makes for a lovely hobby.
    Yes. This type of watching really teaches you to be in the moment-- staying present.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    A worth while practice, to be sure. Mindfulness is not as easy as it sounds. You seem as though you practice it in many ways. I'm happy for your successes and wish you many more.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    A worth while practice, to be sure. Mindfulness is not as easy as it sounds. You seem as though you practice it in many ways. I'm happy for your successes and wish you many more.
    It is an ongoing challenge. The world we live in is full of distractions. But, I try to anchor myself as much as possible. :)
    How are you @ Riversgirl ? Are you becoming a bit stir crazy? Whenever I start to Ill take a trip to the local nursery to look around: buy some vegetables, plant a fruit tree, grab some succulents for my garden.. Of course, taking the precautions of social distancing, mask, gloves, and sanitizer. Such a strange time. It will be hard to go back to normal 'ease' when in a crowd when we get a vaccine and have more control over the situation. Seems like-- even after-- will have some residual effects -for awhile.
    In Texas you are getting back to business much more quickly than other States.
    Take care.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    I'm doing well enough with it all, thank you for asking. Our family is keeping on with the social distancing, even though some in our city aren't. Everyone just has to do what they think is best for them.

Baking helps to anchor me, so I'm doing that more. The last time period during which I baked a whole lot were the years when my twins were toddlers and preschoolers. They're middle schoolers now. Ha!

What fruit trees do you have? I am sure your garden looks as fabulous as ever under your attentions.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Yes, dont listen to anyone but yourselves and the medical professionals when it comes to this.

Fruit trees i have: I have a mandarin, Meyer lemon, 2 Columnar apple trees, and a pomegranate.

The yard looks very pretty :)

Here are a couple pictures of a succulent wreath I made and some of the succulent garden.

And a couple succulents for in the house:

Ive also been doing waaayyy too much baking. Stress baking- lol!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Oh how beautiful!! Your yard is gorgeous!

Stress baking - don't know what that is (hahaha)
    but really I get lost in the moment of it all and find that so centering. It just engages another part of my mind. I've jumped into the sourdough craze. It is fun.

Your plants all look so delightful. I'm longing to dig in some dirt after seeing your beds! That succulent wreath is a great idea.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow