· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: My Planted Tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Looks beautiful as always.... quite a lovely design.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    I really need to get the scissors out

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Having neglected the tank for a month decided today was the day

I got the scissors out and a bit more

Looking spangly again

I popped into a new LFS and always wanted some carp and purchased 3 very small common carp however on returning home and floating the fish I noticed something wrong i has 2 carp and a tench !! I called the LFS and explained and they said oh he only been here 2 days I said maybe its best he stays on the till for the meantime until he can tell the difference between a carp and a tench

So i decided to add the tench they fine in warmer water just they will have a high metabolism and grow faster my mate has a pond i can always move them to later also they all make excellent clean up crew for the bottom

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    Wow that is quite a trim! TBH I liked the tank both ways, lol.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Wow that is quite a trim! TBH I liked the tank both ways, lol.
    It needed it will see what the future brings

Christmas clean for the tank all sponges and filter spangly nice big watechange have a good Christmas all.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow very nice job! Before trim was quite impressive, but I agree, I like the new scape just as much! Completely different look, you won't get bored too quickly like that ;)

If you don't already have a piece of root tab under the tiger lotus, it would really appreciate one ;)

Just realized this is a 125g
    Idk why I thought it was a 30g. Now that's really impressive you got that kind of growth and color. Makes me consider co2, but i'm still too hesitant to use it. Do you dose any ferts? You must... .
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 12-27-2019 at 04:31 AM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Wow very nice job! Before trim was quite impressive, but I agree, I like the new scape just as much! Completely different look, you won't get bored too quickly like that ;)

If you don't already have a piece of root tab under the tiger lotus, it would really appreciate one ;)

Just realized this is a 125g
    Idk why I thought it was a 30g. Now that's really impressive you got that kind of growth and color. Makes me consider co2, but i'm still too hesitant to use it. Do you dose any ferts? You must... .
    Hi thanks yes I dose Ei Ferts and thanks for the tips on the lotus bulb I'll grab some root tabs.

Yes it's a 6ft tank takes a bit of looking after but it keeps me busy and the clean fresh look I do like I'll put an update up next

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Beginning of December visited and LFS and always wanted some common carp however the lad at the shop didn't know the difference between carp and tench so ended up with 2 carp and a tench sadly the tench was very thin and not looking it's best but have since been feeding very heavy and it's starting to fill out

Since I'm having to feed quite heavily also decided I better add some more biological media so added nearly 2kilo of alfagrog to the filter this should help over time left the old media in this runs before the alfagrog so will help speed the alfagrog.

The 2 common carp are a friendly pair and have so far been model citizens one thing I have noticed is with them and the tench they do help turn over the bottom nicely which caused issues with detritus/poo settling in the tank.

I was not happy with that so changed out the 2 x 3000LPH powerheads for 2 x 75000LPH powerheads this stired the tank right up and now having 17000LPH of flow in the tank combined with filter return flow rate this got all the detritus/poo nicely suspended into the water column allowing the filter to do its job and pull it out just ment I had to change the filter floss a couple of extra times to while the filter caught all the poo and caught up all the stock dont seem bothered by the flow ans I dont have any dead spots.

Here is a few pictures of the stock and the tank

There will be some changes in the next few weeks plant wise but I'll update as I go

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Beautiful! I love all the schools of fish, it just looks amazing! Thanks for the tank info, it's nice to see what other folks are doing with their large tanks, it's different than working with a smaller tank when it comes to lighting and ways to use plants (scale). I really like what you've done with it! Btw, apologies if I missed it, but what do you have for lighting?

Well if you are dosing EI, it probably doesn't need a root tab, but a little bit won't hurt either way. I don't dose any ferts in my 90g tank with red tiger lotus, they do very well with just a piece of root tab every now and then.

You've done a fantastic job with the moss, it's maintained so nicely :) What type is it? I don't have the patience to grow moss, but it looks really cool in your tank.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Beautiful! I love all the schools of fish, it just looks amazing! Thanks for the tank info, it's nice to see what other folks are doing with their large tanks, it's different than working with a smaller tank when it comes to lighting and ways to use plants (scale). I really like what you've done with it! Btw, apologies if I missed it, but what do you have for lighting?

Well if you are dosing EI, it probably doesn't need a root tab, but a little bit won't hurt either way. I don't dose any ferts in my 90g tank with red tiger lotus, they do very well with just a piece of root tab every now and then.

You've done a fantastic job with the moss, it's maintained so nicely :) What type is it? I don't have the patience to grow moss, but it looks really cool in your tank.
    Thanks its Christmas moss and weeping moss mixed

The lighting I use is good old fashioned T5 HO bulbs it runs 2 x 54w bulbs there is 4 x 54w T5's in the hood but only currently running 2 as the amount of CO2 and Ei needed running 4 was crazy and the growth was through the roof with 216w of T5 lighting

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast