· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: My Planted Tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I didn't like the odd piece of wood over to the left so had to move that looks much better now I think also altered the angle of powerheads so valis now sits up instead of being blown to one side

200L waterchange done , filter floss replaced sit and enjoy for remainder of the day

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Things are still growing away at a very rapid rate and looking healthy and currently no sign of any algae

I also cant seem to get any nitrate reading I've upped the Ei dose and been feeding heavy so looks like the plants are just munching through it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Tank looks great. You don't seem to have a large stock of fish in the tank so any nitrates are more than likely being used by the plants. Assuming with the pH and EI you are dosing CO2 as well? Will repeat that the tank looks phenomenal, great just doesn't cut it, nice job.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Tank looks great. You don't seem to have a large stock of fish in the tank so any nitrates are more than likely being used by the plants. Assuming with the pH and EI you are dosing CO2 as well? Will repeat that the tank looks phenomenal, great just doesn't cut it, nice job.
    Hi yes I run a pressurised C02 system

Stock wise there is more in there then you think they all seem to be in plants when I take pictures

5 baby clown loach

50 cardinals

20 Black tetra

10 serpa tetra

10 Rosy Tetra

10 Buenos Aires tetra

10 male guppys ( other half wanted them )

10 cories

1 Red Tail shark

3 Plecs cant remember there fancy names but remain small

30 Shrimp

Think that about it

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    That is a lot more fish than i would have thought but in order of impact to bioload you don't have too much.

High to low/nil
    pleco
    red tail shark
    clown loaches
    tetras
    cory
    guppies and shrimp are near null

The tank is 6x2x2 right? That isn't a lot compared to all the plants you have. Are the plecos mainly wood raspers, or omnivores?

I find the raspers to be the biggest waste producers as what goes in pretty much comes right out. The omnivores are a bit more efficient with their digestion.

Is that a sprite in the right of the tank-and to the left of the middle (picture-wise)? They are good nitrogen hogs too.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    That is a lot more fish than i would have thought but in order of impact to bioload you don't have too much.

High to low/nil
    pleco
    red tail shark
    clown loaches
    tetras
    cory
    guppies and shrimp are near null

The tank is 6x2x2 right? That isn't a lot compared to all the plants you have. Are the plecos mainly wood raspers, or omnivores?

I find the raspers to be the biggest waste producers as what goes in pretty much comes right out. The omnivores are a bit more efficient with their digestion.

Is that a sprite in the right of the tank-and to the left of the middle (picture-wise)? They are good nitrogen hogs too.
    No it's not 6x2x2 its 6ft long 2ft tall and 18 inches deep the plecs mainly seem to suck on the wood and the occasional algae wafer.

And not sure what you mean by Sprite I'm still learning about what plant is what

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Water Sprite - https://www.aquariumcarebasics.com/a...-sprite-plant/

That's a beautiful tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    The difference 6 days make

26 October

1st November

Seems I'm more green fingered then I thought also been managing to keep household plants alive as well by now I would of normally killed them even treated myself to a Bonsai tree a few months back and that's still alive with new shoots ect
    Last edited by Marty.h; 11-01-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Lol, I have always loved plants terrestrial and aquatic. Good luck with yours.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I've had a prune and things still going well

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast