· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Planted Tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    I'll happily share my thoughts.

You have a tank full of lush, beautiful plants. You even noted:

They are healthy, so obviously getting what they need to thrive. I don't know your stocking off the top of my head, but would venture to guess: are you lightly stocked? Seems to me that you've got a stable tank set up going here. Don't forget the 'enjoy' part of it all.
    Thanks

No its very heavily stocked some fish will outgrow the tank easily but I plan to go bigger in the near future and I feed very heavily that's why I'm shocked not to see any nitrates at all.

Tap water here has 5ppm of nitrates even after a large waterchange and I have done upto 75% the following morning no trace of nitrates at all.

Clearly everything currently is well balanced not to bad for my first go at a planted tank I suppose having a large marine tank prior helps

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Having no trAtes is not a bad thing, but be sure you are performing the test correctly...you have the API test kit, correct?

If so, you must be sure to shake the heck out of the bottle of solution #2 before adding to the test tube; shake like mad, bang it on a desk, throw it against a wall, then shake some more...it needs to be shaken at least a full minute or so, even more so if it has sat up for a while
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Having no trAtes is not a bad thing, but be sure you are performing the test correctly...you have the API test kit, correct?

If so, you must be sure to shake the heck out of the bottle of solution #2 before adding to the test tube; shake like mad, bang it on a desk, throw it against a wall, then shake some more...it needs to be shaken at least a full minute or so, even more so if it has sat up for a while
    I'm use to testing water from my marine days and use the Api master kit I'll get another kit to confirm

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    The API FW master test kit is all you need, be sure the solutions haven't expired
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    A little update have had a bit of a re-scape and changed a few plants around and have now added CO2 so will be interesting to see what happens with growth and the plants now

Looks a bit different now

CO2 working away underneath

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Well the little tank didn't last long upgrade time already it could get interesting

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Oh no! What happened?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfsamm View Post
    Oh no! What happened?
    I shut the small tank down and now have this up and running you can see old small tank to left

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Well it's nice and clear this morning will crack filter open this evening after work and plonk the purigen in will polish the water some more happy with it currently

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    CO2 still showing green so all good so far

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast