· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Planted Tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the comments

An upto date picture the grass at bottom a little yellow I put this down to me reducing lighting for the algae bloom I had but the lights have now been ramped up again so will see how they go.

Its filling out nicely

And christ do snails get about

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I do love taking pictures cant believe how well it's starting to look just needs to be on a larger scale everything is just looking so vibrant and who does not love a cory

I must be doing something right

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    It does not want to stop growing

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    This is the best looking large jungle style planted tank. The placement of the hardscape is so appealing. Along with that the varied textures and colouration of the plants adds to the beauty. Can you provide more specs of the substrate, the various plants used and lighting, dosing, ferts details pls.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudhirr View Post
    This is the best looking large jungle style planted tank. The placement of the hardscape is so appealing. Along with that the varied textures and colouration of the plants adds to the beauty. Can you provide more specs of the substrate, the various plants used and lighting, dosing, ferts details pls.
    Thanks I'll be honest I dont really know the name of the plants I just picked ones I liked the look off. I just have basic plant substrate under the main substrate and the lighting is the Fluval aquasky dosing wise see picture below thats what I'm currently using and the tank currently runs no CO2.

I'm new to planted tanks this is my first go at one having kept marine for many years so I dont know a huge amount about planted tanks I'm still learning. I'm tempted to change to Ei dosing but then why mend what is not broken.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    I'm tempted to change to Ei dosing but then why mend what is not broken.
    Exactly, I wouldn't change a thing, whatever you are doing now is working just fine.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Agree ^

Enjoy it.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks all

I tested water earlier

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0

PH 7.6

No matter how much I feed I cant get any nitrates I know the plants want this one thing I did do from the off was add a load more biological media to the filter but if it's the same as marine then this will not remove Nitrates as the bacteria in that does not go anaerobic which is needed for nitrates.

Having read they say a planted tank ideally wants 20ppm of nitrates I'm struggling to get any the plants are clearly consuming everything in the marine world this would be a dream any ideas.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    I'll happily share my thoughts.

You have a tank full of lush, beautiful plants. You even noted:

Quote Originally Posted by Marty.h View Post
    It does not want to stop growing
    They are healthy, so obviously getting what they need to thrive. I don't know your stocking off the top of my head, but would venture to guess: are you lightly stocked? Seems to me that you've got a stable tank set up going here. Don't forget the 'enjoy' part of it all.

I enjoy your photos. You have a very pretty tank.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast