· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: Sick goldfish

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Sick goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    Hi. ive rescued a goldfish about a week ago. he was very skinny and had a few patches with no scales and redness on his tail and the base of his hand fins
    He wasent lethargic and ate and pooped well in the past week. yesterday ive noticed him flashing a few time and today he became super lethargic, sitting on the bottom sometimes even on his side moving only when i touched him and occasionly moving by himself to flash.
    I have a few meds avilable:rid ich+ {malachite green and formalin} ,Prazi pro,Levamisole, methylene blue, Furanol and kanaplex
    Im also considering salt baths. The red strikes can be septicemia or just another part of the parasitic infection..
    I wanted to hear your opinion on what shuold i do and if you have other meds to reccomend on
    Hes in a 120L tank with 3 internal filters, parameters are 0,0,5
    Thank you

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!

Heres the vid. He is sitting on the bottom in a U shape most of the time. when making some noise or pounding on the tank wall near him he "wakes up" and starting to swim like kinda normal, then after a few seconds stops and returning to the same position. He reacts the same when i put food near hi, waking up , swimming, eating the food then going back

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know as far as suggesting anything, but it looks like a psychological thing or something, he just stops moving.

I can't tell myself if he's flashing, he seems kinda spooked.....
    One thing I can say, is make sure he gets lots of nutrition. He's still eating, so that's a good thing. See if he can put some weight on being the only fish in the tank.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 08-14-2019 at 02:03 AM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Update:He is still eating.overall hes the same, maybe theres some improvement that he "wakes up" for longer peroids and more often. He started to have ragged fins that might be the start of fin rot..
    The tank is treated at the moment with praziquantel,ektol fluid{contains benzalkium and methylene blue} Furanol and kanaplex,4 days into treatment.
    Ive checked for drug to drug interaction and everything seems fine but if you know of any please say
    How is this that im seeing fin rot? both furanol and ektol fluid are claiming to treat that. also the temp and salinity{around 0.4%} should fight that as well.. any suggestions/ treatments for fin rot? or any suggestions what to do next?
    thank you

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    He is continue to imrove, spending more and more time active and less time "sleeping"

The fin rot is still present , not progressing much and another thing is the flashing, that never went away but now as he regaining energy he is doing it more. Im assuming that he had a few external parasites that also caused infection and septicemia, and the antibitic treatment improved the septecimia{also no more bloody patches on him} and probebly some of the parasite ,but theres still someone there who isnt responding to salt or prazi, maybe costia.. tommorow im finishing the current treatment of the antibitics and im thinking wether i should stop with them and start a malachite green+formalin treatment, continue with antibiotics and wait with the parasitic treatment

Theres also an option to treat with mthylene blue insteade of malchit+formalin, which i know is ok to use with those antibiotics and then to continue with them as well.

What do you think?