· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Rescued pangaisus Neuroligical prob?

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, ive rescued him today.. He has this weired swimming sometimes even flipping on his back. the guy i took from said he had him for 6 mounths and hes been always like this, and hes saying his eating and growing..Did anyone here seen anything like this? do you think its a disease? a birth defact? a neurological problem?Do you have any suggestions on how to help him?
    https://www.facebook.com/eldad.n.kat...313557418/?t=0

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    After reading again on whirling disease it seems like the symptoms are similar.. however is described as a disease that attacks salmons and coldwater fish so is it likley that this is the case?
    and i read about the worm host,so does that mean that the parasite wont multiply and eventually the fish will heal by himself? i mean as long as i keep him isolated and without any contact with those worms
    if you have any exp or knowledge on Whirling disease id like to hear, thank you

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    After a few days he seems better. I think the neuro behavior is much worst when hes stressed.. the guy who i took him from said he never saw him whirling just swimming weired and the first 3 days after i took him it was horrible , he was spinning alot,and i think its beaause he was super stressed from the move and the new enviorment, but now hes much better, didnt see him spin the last 24 hours just occasionly swim abit weired, and he started to eat again

Wanted to consult about moving him to the tank with the ther pangaisus.. The way he is now its seems k=like he can be ok, but im afriad that he will be stressed again and then start to whirl,which might hurt himself and stress the others, what do you think?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, After about 2 mounths of him eating and seems ok and stable theres seems to be wrosning in his situation. Heres a vid of him today. yesterday he ate today he didnt but it might beacuse i did a WC that stressed him. Hes not lethargic and when he scared he swims very fast
    I want to try to use a med called naladic acid which claims to treat whirling disease. does anyone here has exp using it? Thank you