· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Exclamation Black Moor With Creeping White Stripes

0 Not allowed!
    Any idea what's wrong with this guy? Laying on the bottom of the tank most of the time, clamped dorsal fin, weird creeping white stripes. Would sure like to help him. Any ideas what it is and what to do for him?Sickly Coal.jpgSickly Coal 2.jpgSickly Coal3.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Fungal/bacterial infection?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    It looks like body slime me...

What are the parameters of the tank, size and filtration, temperature, other inhabitants? Last WC?

I ask because the main causes are poor water condition which stress the fish (usualy goldfish) out and cause overproduction of slime and low immune which allows the fungus to take hold. Moor are notorious for being fish that get lots of issues (eves and fungus and tail rot) I love them but couldn't justify getting them again for those reasons when I went back to goldfish.

Here is an article that talks about it. It recommends a course of treatment.

https://animals.mom.me/treat-body-sl...fish-8312.html

I would not recommend adding salt to the aquarium, if you want to try the salt you can get a clean-fish only bucket and add some treated (with water conditioner like Prime) water that has some dissolved aquarium salt in it. Put the fish in for 10-15 minutes and then place back into the tank. Recommended dosing for the API salt is 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water. I like to pre dissolve it in some treated hot water first, then fill the rest of the bucket with cold water before adding my goldfish. I have treated several stressed goldfish with this and it has (with a large water change and filter cleaning 3 days later) helped them recover faster.

What I would recommend doing first is a big water change of the tank and include a really good gravel cleaning. Goldfish are dirty, poopy fish also gravel is not the best substrate as all the missed food and poop tends to fall between the cracks and fester causing poor water quality. As the moor gets bigger s/he will also try to swallow the gravel in search of food and it can get lodged and kill her/him.

Them remove any carbon (if you have it in the filter) before you treat with your chosen meds.

When your fish is recovered then keep up with regular weekly water changes and gravel cleanings as well as regular filter cleaning to make sure the water quality stays good so that your fish doesn't get stressed out and sick.

Good luck and keep us posted as to how your little one does.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore