· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just because :) - Silbar   

Default River through the jungle. First tank back in the hobby.

4 Not allowed!
    I recently moved and lost all of my tanks to a bad experience with a moving company. But I am glad to be back.
    20190707_111127.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice!!! do you have shrimps to occupy the house?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    No, they would be a snack for the bumblebee catfish or the red tail shark.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Welcome back to the hobby and the AC....sorry about the bad experience
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    It's nice to be back. Luckily all of my fish seemed to have made it through just fine. They have been living out of rubbermades for too long.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    That's good, not sure if you remember our member @Boundava here, she and her sister are setting up a basement in their new home with dozens of tanks, she can tell you all about the rubbermade tanks, lol

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Sorry about the moving issue.
    I learnt a long time ago to shift them my self, or purchase all new tanks and smash the old ones for recycling.

To much work to trust a removal company.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Never again. I had to move with only a 3 weeks notice. I packed what I could with me, including my pets (including fish) and left everything else. I found a moving company with great reviews to get the rest. Almost every breakable item in my house was smashed and many things never made it. My 55 gallon turtle tank was not on the truck but it also wasnt left at my old place. Apparently, it just vanished. Most astonishing to me, they managed to break 2 cast iron pans.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydragonlady View Post
    Almost every breakable item in my house was smashed and many things never made it. My 55 gallon turtle tank was not on the truck but it also wasnt left at my old place. Apparently, it just vanished. Most astonishing to me, they managed to break 2 cast iron pans.
    Seriously?....the tank AND turtle just disappeared?....and how the hell do you break a cast iron skillet?...this all sounds almost intentional, it's so crazy...I bet someone stole the turtle and tank

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Seriously?....the tank AND turtle just disappeared?....and how the hell do you break a cast iron skillet?...this all sounds almost intentional, it's so crazy...I bet someone stole the turtle and tank
    Sorry I probably worded that weird. My turtle came with me when I moved. I had him set up in one of those rubbermade bins with a heating pad. I looked up how to keep him comfortable on the trip knowing his tank was only 2 days behind us. When it didn't arrive it was the first tank I had to repurchase. I luckily found someone selling a 65 gallon turtle tank on Craigslist.

The odd thing was everything for the turtle was missing. The aquarium stand, heat lamps, hood, his land, food, all of the extra accessories that was in the stand, all of it gone.

I brought every living thing including most of the plants in my house with me and I am glad I did. The cast iron can be replaced, they cannot.
    Last edited by crazydragonlady; 07-07-2019 at 11:29 PM.