· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default what's the best way to get rid of planaria in your planted tank?

0 Not allowed!
    what's the best way to get rid of planaria in your planted tank? How do you get rid of planaria that is already spread out for awhile in your tank?

i tried no planaria and it didnt work... i also tried taking out the plants and dip it in no planaria and put the plants in a brand new tank but it still didnt work...

I am just wondering have u guys dealt with this before? it is stopping my shrimps from multiplying...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    I've never had a planaria infestation but I've seen multiple people in the shrimp forums and FB groups claim that this stuff works well. You're supposed to take out any snails that you wish to keep as it will affect them, as well.

Planaria Zero

In the event that you do have snails that you wish to keep, it is important that you keep them in a separate tank during the course of treatment and do many large water changes after treatment is over before adding the snails back in.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Fenbendazole

Use dog or other livestock de-wormer. Used to be able to get the powdered dog ones from Petco/smart in the aisles but last time I went I didn't see it. Of you go to a feed store you can buy a bottle of liquid (we got the ones for goats), it will last forever so try to get the smallest as they do have exp dates.

I have used it many times with great success. Works on hydra too but won't harm shrimp or snails. I have used it in my shrimp tanks and tanks with many snails from baby to adult.

This is the brand I used the first time I treated my shrimp tank a couple years ago;
    https://www.chewy.com/8in1-safe-guar...0aAtq0EALw_wcB
    Last edited by Boundava; 07-01-2019 at 07:17 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for jumping in, Nat! Glad we have some first-hand experience chiming in!