· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default Spring is in the air

2 Not allowed!
    Endler Fry

A little less than a month ago I received a pair of sky blue endlers from Aquatic Arts. However, I had ordered yellow tiger endlers! They corrected this mistake and sent me the tiger endlers the following week. The sky blues went into one of my Spec V tanks and the tigers are now in my 25g tank with the red Beckford pencilfish.

For some reason, the male sky blue endler didn't make it after about 2 weeks. I then moved one of my male blue star endlers from my 20g tank in with her for just a few days. She was harassing him like crazy so I moved him out. Today I found 5 endler fry in this tank with the sky blue female. (there's also 5 chilis and 3 Habrosus cories in there). Assuming these fry make it, I'm assuming they'll be blue sky endlers as the blue star was only there about a week ago for a few days.

No breeding yet from the tiger endlers (both still alive and well) but I worry about the pencilfish predating on them, if not the endler parents. Will be keeping close watch on this larger tank.

Diamond Tetra Fry

Just after spotting the endler fry, while doing a water change on my 40g today I found another diamond tetra fry. This one was large enough to be out and about with the others so I missed his very early childhood. There's very little moss left in here as much of it had died and I cleaned it out. The tank really needs a complete overhaul (a lot of algae covered java fern and other plants not doing well) but I hesitate to do that when I see breeding of any sort going on - even a single fry. Maybe a fall project.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the surprise additions.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on all your fry! It is super exciting to spy this sort of surprise. I'm happy for you!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Another 3 endlers seen today, so total is now 8.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    sweet!

Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sad to say, I have only 3 endler fry left today. They are so tiny, I think feeding is the main issue. although the female may have gotten a couple. I've been feeding mostly frozen baby brine shrimp, occasional ground flakes, and a dry fry food I have but I think even that is a little too large. I have some golden pearls ordered but they won't be here until next week. So much smaller than when I had regular guppy fry.