· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default blood parrot spitting ,now not eating

0 Not allowed!
    Ive posted about a blood parrot that spits her food .. in the last 3 days she stopped to eat at all and she is flashing. ive already tried to tret with prazi and with levamisole and now im treating with Ektol fkuid which contains methylen blue and benzelukim..so far no improvment.. she also seems paler then she used to be.. beacause of the flashing i suspect parasites but what parasites wont be affacted with all of those meds? what do you think? do have reccomendations for other meds? thank you

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not sure of the Methelyne Blue concentration in Ektol Fluid, but the dosage for Kordon Mblue is 1 teaspoon MB per 10 gallons. Redose every other day with a water change prior to redose for 10 days.

Sorry about your fish. As far as I know, MBlue is the best when the fish in bad shape. If it's external parasites that are causing the scratching, pretty sure MBlue would treat them. FYI, Meth Blue will kill your beneficial bacteria. Best used in a hospital tank or bin.

When my fish had gill flukes, they lost color and were isolating themselves in corners, but PraziPro took care of it. Sounds like you've tried a lot of meds so far. I don't know what else to try sorry.
    @Rocksor?
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 06-15-2019 at 06:40 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    thanks for the respond.. i did some reaserch and it seems that the mb concentration in eqtol fluid is low compare to the reccomended dose for treating parasites. In ektol fluid it plays role in promoting fins healing more then an anti paraiste . im thinking about trying to get a pure mb and dosing it .. But what about the meds contaianing malachite grren and formlin? isnt that better to try now?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Today she had a weired color change.. during all this period her color was very pale. today a big part of hr body became more orange but there are a few patches on the skin that remain very pale. theres no fuzzy growth, its seems like its her skin.. what do you think this is?