· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default The boys new big fish

2 Not allowed!
    The kiddo has been asking and asking for a goldfish, not a fancy that's not what he wants he wanted a regular old pond size goldfish. Well, unfortunately its not practical for us to do that. But I'd been slowly working on him to choose something else and he had come to consider blood parrots, flowerhorns, and Oscar's because of their personalities.... Well last weekend I stopped by an adoption even for local homeless cats and dogs at my tiny little local pet supply store. They had a few of these guy's locally bred and raised and when my son met them in person he was in love. "Adopting" one was a bit spendy but supported the local nonprofit pet group holding the event so we did it. He/She will spend the next 3 months in a 90 day QT in my sons 20g tank and then move into my 55. Gives me time to make my changes that are coming this summer and get my new flooring in the house before the next big tanks go in.

We're not 100% yet, but I do believe this new addition will be roomies with my lovely Columbian tetras and possibly my cories. As if yet he or she hasn't bothered or shown any interest in chowing down on the 100+ shrimps remaining in that tank which was an utter shock.

If anyone can ID male/female that would be awesome. From what I know and the options I had I picked what most resembled a female but I still think its likely a male. Being my first blood parrot my experience is limited to research and photos when looking at other options to sell my son on outside of full size goldfish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new fish!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Congrats on the new fish!
    Thanks, I'm a bit excited he choose this as it will definitely be the easiest for me to accommodate and it will be a fun fish for him as well.
    He actually just text after my post that he's decided to name the fish Blythe. Which I think is awesome too!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Cute name...I know nothing about BP's, but there's lots of info out there, I'm sure y'all will take great care of it.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Oooo my goodness I see that they can be kept with Angelfish as well.... I see a fun SA build coming my way.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats on your new fish! Blythe is most fortunate to have caught your son's eye.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Blythe is a real beauty, congrats to you and your son on the new addition. Lol about the SA tank...can't wait to see that up.
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 05-31-2019 at 05:41 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    very cool. they do indeed have big personalities. also I think the pic from that angle makes him look like Grumpy fish.
    Brian

I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Vent the fish, do not rely on long fins as an indicator of sex.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks rocksor yeah I do believe that to be most reliable in cichlids but I haven't ever been any good at it. I don't like holding fish, mine or even out fishing lol we'll see what happens and I'll vent if my son tries talking me into a second.

Blythe still seems to be overly dramatic, spends most the day hiding and peeking out to see if there's food coming. I think I may do a little rehab on my son's tank and see if I can talk him into a little more natural look over blue and red gravel and skull/pirate things... maybe even just that gravel moved over to something a bit different. I also think I'm going to add some floaters in there