· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default Those of you who read novels ...

1 Not allowed!
    Do you find, more often than not, that a novel is a great read until you get to the ending. The ending is frequently a let-down -- a disappointment. The technical term is "anti-climactic". It's like the author didn't have a great idea for an ending, and just quit, with the reader left feeling that more was needed. It doesn't really wrap everything up. I've read several novels that have ended that way. And some of them have been bestsellers.

Anyone here share that experience?
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Yes indeed.

It's a huge pain.
    I run audible at work so listen to a awful lot of books, and it's the worst to have this happen.

Min reason I like
    David gilman
    Simon scarrow
    Wilbur smith.

They finish of well.
    And in Wilbur's case it ends in the best possible for me, villain either makes it, or the hero dies, normal life.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Just occasionally I'll feel that "huh" feeling. And sometimes I just wish the story had continued past the point it ended. These would be more in the vein of a family saga, rather than a thriller or murder mystery genre. I like long stories and historical novels where the characters are well developed and we're taken along through their lives with the ups and downs. I do also, however, really enjoy a great psychological thriller or police/prosecution procedural. Generally I find these end OK, if not fully satisfying.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I have recently finished a Wilbur smith one and it's ending just sucked, in both books with the same family.

Talk about a bit of reality I guess seeing most of my family have come from same background and same issues.

Oddly the books has tons of location my wife's been around the drakenspirge mountains and bushman lands.

Even more interesting is she is part bushman part Zulu and speaks 7 of their dilects.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    I read constantly, unfortunately most of it lately has been from the Kindle Unlimited library, which leaves too much to be desired in general. Best thing about it is that I can pick up and put down the stories easily between work breaks. Terry Goodkind is one of my favorite "real" authors though. He puts out a new book about once yearly. Some of the later volumes in his Sword of Truth series were too filled with repetitions of things from earlier books, seemed like he was struggling for new ideas and trying to fill pages to meet the publishing deadline. However, he did manage to get past that and picked up again with better material. Robin Hobb is another writer I've really enjoyed, her ideas were fresh and original.

^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks...^^^