· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

Default The Adventures of Bella Luna Blue (and future bettas my friend wants me to have)

1 Not allowed!
    Note: I am very bad at updating journals.

Just introducing Bella Luna Blue who I obtained last Saturday from Petsmart. She was marked as a half moon female, and I believe her patterning is Blue Mustard with some green sheen mixed in. Be warned posting my pictures on this form likes to rotate the pictures 90 degrees from the original.

20190511_164923[1].jpg

She is currently residing in a Top Fin 3.5 gallon Bettaflow Soothe tank on my desk. The other betta males, once my friend can route them to me, will be housed one to each of the same tank once I can purchase them. Currently my friend has them in one to 1.5 gallon tanks (one to each tank).

Water strips tested all clear. For the first couple weeks I'm going to be testing daily. I'm using the Tetra Easy strip 6 in 1, and the Tetra Ammonia strips for my readings. It's much easier for me, and it ensures that I check the water daily/weekly as needed.

The tank I purchased is also on sale at Petsmart through June 2nd. Once my friend re homes my bearded dragon for me, as she can give it an environment they can explore in, I will be receiving her bettas. Since she's still having trouble finding someone to help carry the 100 pound enclosure down two flights of stairs, I have time to get the other two tanks needed, and an additional power strip. I have an infrared temperature gun to read the water temperature, and I currently have two additional betta heaters on standby.

Everyone have a great day.

3.5 Gallon Tank = Bella Blue Luna (obtained 5/11/19) - I think a blue mustard female halfmoon

RIP - Helios HM BETTA 03/2016 to 12/31/17

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

0 Not allowed!
    Diatom bloom has started on the base of the inside of the aquarium. It's not as much as my larger tanks were. I'm turning off the lights, or shortening the length of time they're up. I need to get some phosphorus pads to cut up for the inside of my tank since it's a smaller tank. Test strips still showed clear today. going to go pick up some phosphate reducing sheets from my local LFS world of pets before they close.

3.5 Gallon Tank = Bella Blue Luna (obtained 5/11/19) - I think a blue mustard female halfmoon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I heard from my friend today. She hopes to come Friday with her boyfriend to pick up my bearded dragon (with enclosure) because she has a home environment where she will be able to explore more freely. In return I will be taking on at least one or two of her betta fish males (I won't be able to take on all three). It depends on how much money I have to get the 3.5 gallon tanks that are like this one that I house Bella in. Currently my friend has her betta males in one to one and a half gallon tanks (one to each tank of course). I will let you know how things go, and if the swap happens as planned.

Have a great day.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I will be taking on the better looking of the two males I was interested in for sure. The red and white one that had been in her guppy/molly community tank still has a lot of fin damage, so I don't know how well it'd do with a transfer. I also picked up a dragonscale betta male from petsmart today. I know i could maintain three betta tanks but i don't know about four. Each tank is 3-3.5 gallons . Below is a picture of the new dragonscale betta male. No name yet, though someone at work suggested Clifford (as in the big red dog) but it doesn't ring with me. Again the forum rotated my picture 90 degrees. Sorry.

20190523_135633[1].jpg

His current tank is a 3 gallon bettaflow tank by top fin it's called the 'wood' style because of the patterning on the plastic to resemble wood. I have a second one of the same three gallon tanks that still needs to be set up to receive the betta my friend will be giving me.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Idk much about betta breeding really, but I hope it all goes well for you :)

About the sidescape pics, try rotating the pic horizontally before uploading. It happens when taking a pic with your phone held for vertical landscape.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I don't want to breed my bettas, though my friend Rachel wants to at some point. Rachel's female guppy had it's first spawn of babies.

The male betta likes making me wonder if he's going to eat. He finally ate some betta buffet flakes by omega one after multiple tries. The healthier of the two bettas I had been interested in from my friend Rachel will be coming over to me tomorrow morning when she and her boyfriend come and pick up the reptile enclosure. Rachel was able to take my bearded dragon ahead of the enclosure because she has a 55 gallon quarantine tank she could use. We also got most of the supplies moved. The empty 3 gallon tank for the fish she's bringing me tomorrow is set up with it's moss ball in it, and quick start was administered.

Picked up the freshwater testing kit Thursday, since I do sometimes check ammonia and Trites with it. Bella's tank is due for a weekly water change this week since it's diatom bloom is still in process. All three tanks will be on the same weekly rotation next week.

Pictures of the betta male from my friend when he arrives.

Have a great weekend.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Still haven't settled on a name for the Male Dragonscale I got from petsmart, and the Green and blue crowntail male i got from my friend.

The one from my friend I still can't get a good picture of sadly, he moves so fast. However, he's been making bubble nests on and off in his tank. The female's tank is now moved next to his, but I have no intention of breeding them. I don't have the time or the space to do so safely, and you have to be licenced as a breeder of bettas to give the extra babies to any local pet stores now in the state of Kentucky. Thank god I don't have a interest in breeding them.

My friend has also offered one of the Koi bettas she hopes to get from an overseas breeder in Indonesia to me as well provided I can get the additional tank to house them in. I do have an interest, but it would require a fourth tank to be placed in the living room. It would also require me to buy an additional power strip and heater. Thankfully she doesn't plan to do this for a couple months, so I still have time to decide. The pictures from the breeder look really good, but it all depends on how many survive transport if she actually purchases them. I'm quite happy with the two males, and the female I have at this time.

Everyone have a great week.