· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mspringer View Post
    So I have another Cory that is getting more pale in colors than the others along with some of those lesions like the one picture posted of the other inky it also has it on his back fin. Just did 50% WC and a full dose of paraguard after
    I'm so sorry, I can't identify those lessions. How is he today?
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Yup. And another thing that I like about slowing that siphon way down like that is that you can take your time with your cleaning without rapidly draining out all the water.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Would you by chance have Black Diamond Blasting Sand as your substrate?
    Ive seen a lot of these types of infections on corydoras caused by the use of coal slag for substrate.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    This is what I do too. I stop the siphon to let the sand fall back down and open again as it falls to suck up all the debris. I'm pretty confident I am getting it all, as I change places when it sucks clear.
    I have a valve on my siphon so I can easily slow t to whatever rate I want it just still seems like Iím sucking sand sometimes. Probably worth it though.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I'm so sorry, I can't identify those lessions. How is he today?
    He is about the same. I have just the 3 left out of 5. The one died with no leasions but his full area looked very red/almost bruised when I found him and he looked fine the day before. 2 of the 3 I have left look and act perfect the other guy has the very very pale skin and the leasions. Rasboras are all fine and water parameters are still fine.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by discusluv View Post
    Would you by chance have Black Diamond Blasting Sand as your substrate?
    Ive seen a lot of these types of infections on corydoras caused by the use of coal slag for substrate.

It’s not blasting sand it is black sand I bought from the pet store.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Okay. From reading the thread, sounds like symptoms of a bacterial infection. Possibly columnaris, possibly aeronomas. It appears that you keep your tanks regularly maintained, correct? with nitrates under 10ppm with weekly water changes? Or do you sometimes have periods when are not so vigilant? This can help me identify more which of these two are more likely.

What size tank?
    How many fish and what types?
    When was the last time added fish?

What is your pH? this question is for determining medication.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by discusluv View Post
    Okay. From reading the thread, sounds like symptoms of a bacterial infection. Possibly columnaris, possibly aeronomas. It appears that you keep your tanks regularly maintained, correct? with nitrates under 10ppm with weekly water changes? Or do you sometimes have periods when are not so vigilant? This can help me identify more which of these two are more likely.

What size tank?

How many fish and what types?
    When was the last time added fish?

What is your pH? this question is for determining medication.
    I don’t think it’s columnaris I’ve had that before and i don’t have the white puffy patches on the skin.

Most I’ve ever had to go between water changes is 2 weeks 90% of the time it’s between 5 and 10 days. Nitrates always 10 and under.

38 gallon tank.

Currently just 3 cories and 6 harlequin rasboras. Used to have 11 serape tetra but sold them a couple months back and got the harlequin and plan to get rhombo barbs once I get this straightened out.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Added the harlequin about 2 months ago.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    The tank has been established for almost a year the cories are something I have had the entire time. Seems as though I’ve done a good job maintaining the rest of that tank I should have been cleaning the sand more thoroughly.

I used to have serape tetra zebra danio and the cories my plan was to swap the Danio and serape for rasboras and rhombo barbs. I have one really big danio that used to be in that tank that terrrorized everything and then a female serape that loved to nip corries. Crazy thing is once I moved those guys out that’s when I started getting these problems.
    ~Pray for Henry~