· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    I've had this same issue multiple times since the site got moved to a new server. For me it was due to the size of the images. My phone simply makes massive photos. I got around this by uploading the photos to my computer and resizing them with Paint or sometimes I'll email them from my phone to my email address because my phone will let me resize the file sizes when I try sending emails out.

Hope this helps!
    ....well that seems like a pain lol.

Any advice on the fin rot while your here? Ha!
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Alright everyone I’m doing another 50% WC and throwing on a tea leaf. The worst one is getting worse he now has two decent splits in his tailfin the other seem to be holding steady is still consider this mild to moderate but I need to turn this around. My current plan is to see how things go the next few days and if nothing is better by Sunday I’ll do another large water change and then start use of some paraguard. Thoughts?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I should also add that from what I can tell two of them that had the lightest amount of fin rot seem to be almost back to being perfect/better. So I guess in a bit she’ll i have one that seems to be worse 2 that seem stable and 2 others that seem to have fought off what minimal they had.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Would you guys hesitate to use paraguard?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mspringer View Post
    ....well that seems like a pain lol.

Any advice on the fin rot while your here? Ha!
    Ha! It is a minor inconvenience but yes, it was inconvenient enough to drive me away from posting as many photos as I used to.

As for tossing in my two cents, well, I can't really say anything different than has already been said. We really need to be able to see those photos to get a better understanding of what you're dealing with. From what you've been describing, the water quality doesn't seem to really be an issue unless there is something in the water that your tests aren't detecting. How sure are you that it is indeed fin rot and not just nipped/damaged fins? Are we talking split fins, or are we talking tissue receding from the tips of the fins?

To me, fin rot is like this, when bacteria or poor water quality are causing the flesh to die and recede back from the skeletal structure:

Fin-Rot1-300x276.jpg
    fin-rot.jpg

A split fin, however, does not necessarily mean it is rotting. It could be torn from other fish nipping at it or it getting torn on decorations.

imgF.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    As for Paraguard I cannot advise one way or the other. I haven't used that stuff in years.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ha! It is a minor inconvenience but yes, it was inconvenient enough to drive me away from posting as many photos as I used to.

As for tossing in my two cents, well, I can't really say anything different than has already been said. We really need to be able to see those photos to get a better understanding of what you're dealing with. From what you've been describing, the water quality doesn't seem to really be an issue unless there is something in the water that your tests aren't detecting. How sure are you that it is indeed fin rot and not just nipped/damaged fins? Are we talking split fins, or are we talking tissue receding from the tips of the fins?

To me, fin rot is like this, when bacteria or poor water quality are causing the flesh to die and recede back from the skeletal structure:

Fin-Rot1-300x276.jpg
    fin-rot.jpg

A split fin, however, does not necessarily mean it is rotting. It could be torn from other fish nipping at it or it getting torn on decorations.

imgF.jpg
    Well what I have currently would look like the bottom photo or less. Based on that you wouldn’t worry about it or medicate just keep a close eye?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!

Fin-Rot1-300x276.jpg
    fin-rot.jpg

imgF.jpg
    And then in regards to the remainder of your question. One has splits the rest don’t really have recession they just have jagged edges on their fins. If I still had something in the tank that could be nipping at then I’d call them fin nips but all that is in there with them now and for the last couple weeks is 7 rasboras and they are very small and infact seem scared of the cories.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    It's a bit hard to say without watching your tank and how the fish interact with each other, but in my past experience with rasboras (in my case, harlequins) they would occasionally get nippy with each other (pecking order and all that jazz). I never really witnessed them going after their non-harlequin tank mates, but that doesn't eliminate all possibility that this is what could be happening in your tank.

We used to have a very sweet member here who bought a bunch of rasboras one time and they were such terrors in her tank that she had to remove all of them, and I have heard other anecdotal stories of them nipping bettas and such.

That all being said, rasbora are generally upper-level fish and cories are generally bottom feeders, so I wouldn't expect much interaction between the two species, but I can't really say that with any certainty without being able to sit and stare at your tank to observe their behavior.

Another question... are the splits occurring in the dorsal fins, or just the caudal/tail?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    It's a bit hard to say without watching your tank and how the fish interact with each other, but in my past experience with rasboras (in my case, harlequins) they would occasionally get nippy with each other (pecking order and all that jazz). I never really witnessed them going after their non-harlequin tank mates, but that doesn't eliminate all possibility that this is what could be happening in your tank.

We used to have a very sweet member here who bought a bunch of rasboras one time and they were such terrors in her tank that she had to remove all of them, and I have heard other anecdotal stories of them nipping bettas and such.

That all being said, rasbora are generally upper-level fish and cories are generally bottom feeders, so I wouldn't expect much interaction between the two species, but I can't really say that with any certainty without being able to sit and stare at your tank to observe their behavior.

Another question... are the splits occurring in the dorsal fins, or just the caudal/tail?
    The one with splits has them on he tail the ones that just have jagged fins have it on a variety of fins. The rasboras I have shy away from the cories pretty much all together even if there is food involved.
    ~Pray for Henry~