· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

Default Refresh my memory. One or Two Feedings Per day for Betta Fish

0 Not allowed!
    I have a young blue mustard halfmoon female that I recently obtained from petsmart. I am currently feeding Omega Betta Buffet. Lights are on from 12 Noon til about One or Two AM the following morning (due to my work schedule i normally work from 5pm to 12AM monday thru thursday and 5-10pm friday)

She's usually eating 1-3 flakes per feeding.

Is it one or two feedings per day? I don't want to risk overfeeding her.

Please advise. Also a picture of the betta. Sorry the PC attachment automatically rotated the picture of my fish by 90 degrees. In this picture she's in her original sales cup from Petsmart.
    20190511_164923[1].jpg

And the tank (which when my friend Rachel gives me her three betta males and takes my Bearded Dragon will probably be the default tank). Tank is on sale at petsmart until 6/2/19. 3.5 gallon top fin Bettaflow Soothe tank. I like the clean look and because of the center column and the heater position, she still has a place to hide without needing to crowd the tank with rocks and plants. Again, the PC attachment rotated the picture 90 degrees. My apologies.

20190512_002305[1].jpg

Enjoy.

3.5 Gallon Tank = Bella Blue Luna (obtained 5/11/19) - I think a blue mustard female halfmoon

RIP - Helios HM BETTA 03/2016 to 12/31/17

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I would tend to feed twice daily. you should be ok as long as she is consuming all of the food within a few minutes. you might think about doing the second feeding with another type of food such as some frozen blood worms for variety. mine likes an occasional live fruit fly for a snack. a good variety of food will do her well.
    Brian

I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

2 Not allowed!
    The fish is barely moving (not searching for food or chasing other fish away or being chased) once a day if more than enough.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    I feed my bettas once a day, every other day...variety is good, as mentioned above
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

0 Not allowed!
    I'll have to get her dried blood worms as she'd never go through all the frozen ones that would be thawed from a section before they went bad. I might cut her back to once a day, or once a day every other day feedings she always eats about two to three flakes every time I feed her. That's got to be more than her stomach can hold.

Funny story she found away under the 'tray' in the tank that keeps waste separate from the rest of the tank. I was thinking last night WHY IS THERE NOT A FISH IN THE TANK as I know the lid was on and she couldn't have jumped out. after some searching i found she'd gotten under the white slatted tray It was funny but gave me a slight heart attack.

Her lights are off in her tank for another six minutes. Currently she's swimming towards the top of the tank which probably means time for another water change. I need to go and get some testing strips or the testing kit. I think I might get strips this time, as I never used the freshwater kit bottles in enough time before they spoiled.. There's probably some ammo in the tank.

3.5 Gallon Tank = Bella Blue Luna (obtained 5/11/19) - I think a blue mustard female halfmoon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    All strips are reading clear or safe for today. I will be monitoring the ammonia because it's sitting between ideal and safe right now. I may have to change the water tomorrow if it rises anymore towards the .5 area of the strips. Since this indicates that the cycle is starting possibly on the ammonia end.

Thanks again for all your help. Also got a top fin 1-10 gallon siphon today as well to make removing the water easier. The turkey baster will still be used to remove the visible poop.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shidohari View Post
    I'll have to get her dried blood worms as she'd never go through all the frozen ones that would be thawed from a section before they went bad.
    If you already have the frozen and you wish to use it, you could take a new razor blade and slice a sliver off of a frozen cube, defrosting just that sliver and returning the cube to the freezer.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shidohari View Post
    I'll have to get her dried blood worms
    Be careful with the dried blood worms. I lost a couple fish when I thought I had adequately soaked them. The fish can easily overeat them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    yeah i don't know if i would actually get her blood worms. I've had the overeating thing happen as well and I was only giving them one worm too. I'll have to look at things. The Omega betta buffet flakes are going over well, she only eats one to three once a day (equivalent to about 3-6 pellets i'd suspect).

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    The liquid test kit i much more accurate than strips.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers