· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Sick goldfish with popeye

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, Ive rescued 3 goldfish 2 days ago,they were in a very neglected of about 70L. One of them is much bigger then the others and hes sems healthy,hes active and eating,the only thing he has is a small growth on his lip. The other 2 arent look so well,they both smaller and both of them when they try to eat spit the food after 3 sec ,im pretty sure they arent really eating at all. In addition one of them has severe pop eye in both of his eyes. They are in my quarantine with a good filter and good water quality. I have kanaplex and a natural med called Voogle by easy life. What do you reccomend on doing? should i start treatment with these meds? Do you have other reccomended meds?
    thank you

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    They arent eating .. its been 6 days. theyr lethargic one of them is trying to eat but spit after. Theyr didnt got worse or better.. what do you think i should do?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    If they have been in good conditions for 6 days but are still not eating or improving I would euthanize them with some clove oil. Poor babies don't seem to be able to recover from whatever conditions they were in before. They may have other issues from living in inadequate conditions that just cannot be healed or helped.

Thank you for giving them a chance.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    I would try treating with the kanaplex. The swelling, popeye, is most likely a secondary condition of internal bacterial infection. I would guess they came from poor conditions and aeromonas bacteria is what you are dealing with.

I would also add a low dose of Epsom salt ( no perfume or dyes)- directly to aquarium- to use as a bath to try to bring down swelling of fluids behind eyes. Do 1/4 tsp per 10 gallons.

Do 25-50% water changes before each dose to ensure meds not offset by organics in water column. ~To get optimum uptake of medication.

Get a liquid Vitamin- I use Boyd's Vitachem and add to water column- they can take vitamins up through gills. After a few days on medication, low-dose Epsom salt, and vitamin supplement, try to feed foods most irresistible to Goldfish. Ive never had them, so you or others may be able to determine what these foods would be.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Goldfish find everything irresistible-I have not found a food yet they don't eat with gusto.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by discusluv View Post
    I would try treating with the kanaplex. The swelling, popeye, is most likely a secondary condition of internal bacterial infection. I would guess they came from poor conditions and aeromonas bacteria is what you are dealing with.

I would also add a low dose of Epsom salt ( no perfume or dyes)- directly to aquarium- to use as a bath to try to bring down swelling of fluids behind eyes. Do 1/4 tsp per 10 gallons.

Do 25-50% water changes before each dose to ensure meds not offset by organics in water column. ~To get optimum uptake of medication.

Get a liquid Vitamin- I use Boyd's Vitachem and add to water column- they can take vitamins up through gills. After a few days on medication, low-dose Epsom salt, and vitamin supplement, try to feed foods most irresistible to Goldfish. Ive never had them, so you or others may be able to determine what these foods would be.
    Thanks.. the only prob is that i tried alot of times to find fish vitamins here and didnt succed. i have some kind of liquid souluble kids vitamins that i can try but i dont know for sure that its safe..

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Update: after treating with kanaplex and furanol i started to dose with salt in order to decrease osmoregulation stress and also treated with levamisole for external parasites. All of those treatment showed no effect and after about 2 weeks of treatments and the fish arent eating the fish with the popeye started to show signs of dropsy. Ive started treatment with prazipro and that actually worked! the dropsy signs strated to fade and for the first time i saw poop in the tank! now its about 1 week later, the popeye fish is eating and pooping but the other one isnt.. im oretty sure that he didnt ate all this time. so one of the fish is showing big improvment but the other isnt improving. he dosent show any signs, except occasional rubing against object and moving one of his fins very fast like hes trying to shake something off. I wanted to ask what do you think i should do? should i try again with antiparasites? thank you

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Very glad to read one of your guys is showing some improvement. I honestly am unsure about treatment for the other. Maybe @Rocksor will have a suggestion?
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    ok its been about a mounth, the one that got better is doing great, the other still isnt eating.he is trying to to eat ocasionly but spit the food immediatly. After a few doses of prazi without any improvment i tried to treat him with Ektol Fluid by JBL thinking maybe the flashing is due to some kind of external bacteria that infected the wounds that the parasites caused. after i used it the flashing has stopped but he is still isnt eating.. its been a mounth without him eating.. he isnt geting worse but i really want to help him.. any ideas for other treatments that might help?