· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first Barb of many. - Strider199   Have another barb ;-) - steeler58   

Default Do I have room for more fish

0 Not allowed!
    I am wanting to up my diamond tetras in my 65 gallon tank only by 2-3 do you think I can fit a couple of more diamonds in my tank to up my #'s I am running an aquatop cf400-uv I know I have adequate filtration and im doing about a 25-30% weekly

my current tank consists of a mix of (17) tiger barbs albino/jade/standard/green (2) rubbernose plecos & (6) diamond tetras I want to add 2-3 more to up my numbers of the diamonds though they are doing fine I would like to up my Diamond #'s up to about 8 or 9 but don't want over crowd my tank to the point where I am spending more time doing water changes than enjoying the antics of my fish

my tank is moderately planted I have mostly live with one fake plant right now filling space till I could get a nice upwards growing plant ex: watersprite

I at one point had a nice group of plants but they were getting a bit shingati so I removed them and have slowly been adding more in the more I add in the happier my fish seem to be becoming more active as well

thank
    Last edited by magic8; 04-05-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    thumbnail_IMG_1713.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1716.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1723.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1717.jpg

some before and after pictures of when I started adding more plants again.the first picture may look a little cloudy for two reasons it was a bad shot and I just got done moving my tank from caddy corner to the back wall I wanted to make sure once I upgrade to a 75 gallon next year it would fit against this wall I originally went with a 65 gallon for room reasons I could only go with a 3' tank caddy corner 4' would be too long but I'm looking to get a 4' tank so I wanted to see if the 65 would fit up against the wall and it does and actually looks nicer where I have it and a 75 would fit snuggly into this spot filling this space up nicely when I upgrade next year sorry I could not figure out how to rotate the first two pictures they were saved the right way on my computer you may have to open them in a new tab they go right side up when you open them in a new tab
    Last edited by magic8; 04-05-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I don't see a problem adding a few more diamond tetras. I have 10 diamonds, 8 or 9 Bentosi/HY511 tetras, and about 6 cories (always hiding on me) in a 40 breeder. It's the same foot print as the 65g just not as tall. I've also had 9 silver tips with these which have since aged out. I think the extra gallons you have should support a few more tetras.

I would definitely add more plants when you can and some driftwood for the plecos. You can glue or tie some java ferns and anubias to the driftwood. Both are easy, low-med light plants which grow more slowly than stem plants but for me have filled out areas of my tanks quite nicely. There are also some taller crypt species and hygrophilia species which are not difficult to maintain.
    Last edited by SueD; 04-05-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Sue I kind of thought I was going to be ok as long as I keep up with my W/C's which I always do just wanted some opinions